Sent email to P&O asking about loyalty program for customers

rkmw

A while ago, I received a survey by email from P&O and it was all about a loyalty programme. They were basically trying to get an idea of what people want as benefits. We have just got off the Jewel this morning and we know one of the officers on board. I asked him about this and he told me that they are working on it.

As someone who used to write policies and procedures as part of my job - honestly, how hard could this be?

Hello P&O - anyone home??? In case you hadn't noticed, there are a ton of Loyalty / Reward programs out there - why not just cut and paste the best from existing ones, get the message out that you now have Loyalty / Rewards Policy, and all of us past passengers WILL contact you !!! I hope I don't get trampled on in the stampede...

I'd suspect it's more about which details to put in.

They'd have a budget that it has to work in, so they'd need to work out what cruisers most prefer, rank them to fit within the budget, go back and forth a few times to tweak the items and/or budget, determine some metrics to evaluate its success/returns, get sign-offs, plan implementation details including communications, get approval then they can launch.

Maybe it's a very small budget!

Maybe it's a very small budget!

Aaah yes - the cruise industry in Australia is booming and growing bigger every year. It's only worth a few quid -lol

Big M, I suspect you are right. P&O would have to reward us Aussie way too much and wouldn't make near as much money if they had to toss in a couple of freebies !!

some one asked me some were on this thread to ask the furture cruise person about this loyality programme, yes I did ask and mmmm P&O have a huge mirror:rolleyes: and they are looking into it.

some one asked me some were on this thread to ask the furture cruise person about this loyality programme, yes I did ask and mmmm P&O have a huge mirror:rolleyes: and they are looking into it.

thank you thied, lets hope they can do something

• 5 weeks later...

Two weeks ago I was on the PacSun and at the past passenger do the captain said in his speech that their announcing a loyalty program next year. Later I tried asking the "onboard future cruise consultant" for more info and was told to wait till next year--- hmmm--- so I asked if it maybe like the Princess deal :) -Wait till next year- :)

So it's coming I guess, but just don't know with what.

Archived