Diamond - refitting????

shootingstar07

Yeah, I know what I have read does not mention anything about the International Cafe and Vines.

We're going to be on her in January, and will be very disappointed if they have not added them.

And would really like to see the Crowne Grill added too. It's so much better than the other steakhouse restaurant.

Personally, I could not care less if they add MUTS ....... just my opinion. But, I'm not much of a movie fan.

Looking at those deck plans does not seem to offer much hope for the IC and Vines.

Dang!!!

.....to the posters regarding the refitting of the Diamond. I too will be sad if they don't add the I.C. and Vines. But from 2011 diagrams that caribill included, appears it is not in the cards. Too bad. Princess has hit on an area that is so popular on other ships with these areas. One can hope. Guess we will wait and follow along Oct. 20.

.....to the posters regarding the refitting of the Diamond. I too will be sad if they don't add the I.C. and Vines.

From a poster on another thread concerning work that will be done during the Diamond drydock before our cruise:

"I have been having trouble speaking with anyone re the Diamond's updates while in drydock but have just finished speaking with the Captain's Circle hostess and she tells me that the plans do not include the International Cafe nor Vines...all of the atrium will remain unchanged. She will however be getting MUTS and the Sanctuary. The cabins will all be refurbished, a lot of public areas will be recarpeted and the pools redone. She was not sure where the Sanctuary was to be located. Evidently Vines and the IC had been in the plans but have been nuked, for reasons unknown."

From a poster on another thread concerning work that will be done during the Diamond drydock before our cruise:

"I have been having trouble speaking with anyone re the Diamond's updates while in drydock but have just finished speaking with the Captain's Circle hostess and she tells me that the plans do not include the International Cafe nor Vines...all of the atrium will remain unchanged. She will however be getting MUTS and the Sanctuary. The cabins will all be refurbished, a lot of public areas will be recarpeted and the pools redone. She was not sure where the Sanctuary was to be located. Evidently Vines and the IC had been in the plans but have been nuked, for reasons unknown."

caribill,

thanks for the info. Too bad about I.C. and Vines. But new mattesses will be most appreciated by yours truly on a 35 day cruise!!! :)

Guess I can live without my specialty coffee in the a.m. And to think I bought 2 coffee cards in prep for Antarctica and Asia cruises. LOL

Yeah, I know what I have read does not mention anything about the International Cafe and Vines.

We're going to be on her in January, and will be very disappointed if they have not added them.

And would really like to see the Crowne Grill added too. It's so much better than the other steakhouse restaurant.

Personally, I could not care less if they add MUTS ....... just my opinion. But, I'm not much of a movie fan.

Looking at those deck plans does not seem to offer much hope for the IC and Vines.

Dang!!!

They had no plans to add the IC to the Diamond/Sapphire.

Very Sad that Princess appears not to include both the International Cafe and Vines in any Diamond Princess upgrade.

I have experienced both of these wonderful venues on the Golden and they would have to be up there with the best at sea experiences, with food and beverage.

Was it a architectural decision or the return of revenue on the above with $$$$ spent upgrade didn't justify anymore International Cafe or Vines fit outs?

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder why the deck plans for the "alleged" refit of Diamond show MUTS but also still show the Internet Cafe which although nice and big, could me moved to a smaller location freeing up space for a small CG/Sterling.

Archived