Sea Pass question

When I was on the Monarch last month, I bought one of those plastic pouches that was on a belt clip from the store onboard. It seemed to be a good idea before I bought it. After getting it, I decided that it wasn't such a good idea. The seapass card was a tight fit in the plastic holder so it didn't have the possibility of falling out and getting lost. However, when you leave/return to the ship, I had to remove the card from the pouch to insert it in the machine. This was almost impossible! If you make purchases on board, you have the same problem. They can manually enter the number, but that just slows down the purchase process. The design of the pouch could have been improved had the portion of the card with the magnetic stripe been left exposed. This would help the purchase situation, but not the exiting the ship machines. Next time I think I will go with the lanyard and just get a hole punched in the card. It will be much quicker to remove and replace.

For ladies-

I bought a Coach "necklace" that is meant for ID badges when I was in Key West in June on my most recent cruise. It was in the outlet store- $25. It was great for the rest of my trip. It has a clear slot so the card can be seen, there are also additional slots for an ID and a CC on the back side. So when we got off in Cozumel I didnt have to bring a bag with me :)

I had at least 10 comments on what a great idea it was. All the women wanted to knwo where I got it- I sent them all to the Coach store on Duval Street.

Pretty sure I should have asked the Coach store to give me a kick back as they sold quite a few that day because of me. ;)

I had an Aft balcony on my last cruise and because it was inconvenient to run back to the cabin when I forgot something, I used a small cross-body purse to carry my card, sunglasses and digital camera. That way, I'd at least have both hands free in case I wanted to stop by the buffet for a bite.:)

We use something called a Bracelet Mate. Both on and off the ship. It carries our Sea Pass cards, driver's licenses, credit cards, and folding money.

It fits on your wrist with the beads on the outside to look like a bracelet and the wallet is against your body for security.

2068243379_braceletmate.jpg.9d3670640c30faf89c3c552bcfec65eb.jpg

I carry a small purse....ladies need their comb, lipstick, tissues....it's too far to go back to the cabin everytime you need a "touch up".

Lanyards make you look like you're at a convention! I mean, you don't carry a hotel key around your neck...why would you do it on a ship?

When I'm on vacation I don't want to carry a purse or wear a lanyard (we have to wear ID at work). Most of my pants have pockets so I just slip it in my back pocket and when I don't, it either goes in my top or I hand it to my hubby.

Poolside, I do take a bag and put it in a zippered inside pocket.

I try to pack clothes for cruises which have pockets, and I've also used my bra/bathing suit if needed. That bracelet mate looks cool...might have to make one of those. Our local Ace Hardware has wrist keychains that would work too.

For onboard ship, I would use any of these. For shore, I keep everything "near and dear to my heart" to keep hands free and foil pickpockets. ;-)

I agree most of the lanyards are not too attractive. But so happened I just got back from a local gift shop and they had some very pretty lanyards made by Brighton. They are like wearing a piece of jewelry. Silver with a little gold. Different pendents on them. They have a piece at the bottom that can slip into your card. But you could even wear it without the card. Just thought I would pass the info along.

Archived