P&O Oceana vs Ocean Village

Longislandtea

[quote name='ROSEBASKETS']My point was the people who cruise on P&O would need to up THEIR class to sail on Cunard![/quote]

Rosie

Where in the North West can one find 'upping your class lectures' ?

I recently attended a 'couth' course which my friend said had made a big difference.

Cb

[quote name='cruisebore']Rosie

Where in the North West can one find 'upping your class lectures' ?

I recently attended a 'couth' course which my friend said had made a big difference.

Cb[/quote]

Yes, please forgive me, I was having a blonde moment and confused class with style, etiquette and deportment :o

Not knowing the North West specifically I can't provide you with a specific answer, I Googled a search for lessons in the area but all that came up was "Pole Dancing" :D However not to be deterred I would suggest skipping, Liverpool, Salford, Bolton, Blackpool, Burnley and Rochdale, maybe if you could travel a little further may I suggest Cheshire or York to begin your search ;):p

[quote name='Longislandtea']On the seat. Maybe too cold to sit on.:eek:[/quote]
Some pax wouldn't have to put their towels on a sun bed to hog it. Just the sight of some people sitting on them would deter anyone else from using that bed for the rest of the cruise

[quote name='Bella cruiser']This thread is soooo funny, thanks for the entertainment, it's hysterical:D.

Note to Smee: Class does not equal formality/dress code:rolleyes:. I think there are quite a few classy Ov'ers who know how to enjoy themselves.

Jenny[/quote]

Smee has only ever been on 1 P&O cruise, the rest have been Thompson so have to agree with you 100%. Thompson are just like "Butlins on Sea". Hmmm, now where did I here that ?

I guess Smee did try to show a little bit of class on Oceana recently in his Tux from Asda, but you could still see the string vest and it wasn't cool when Smee was trying to look like 007 with his little cocktail and small olive. I did have a little giggle when I saw him sitting by the Pool with his captains hat on (the kiss me quick type), speedo's and a hope and anchor tattoo across his chest. You should have seen him on the top deck smoking a bit fat cigar, again with the hat and speedos. :D:D

(sorry smee, I just couldn't help myself :p)

Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa

Thank god none of these ships are actually like people describe them on this board.

As someone who has travelled on Oceana, Ventura, OV and OV2 i can tell you that the poeple are all the same. You get scumbags on each ship and youo get snobs on each ship. I came across the most stuck up and repulsive example of upper class England aboard OV!:rolleyes:

[quote name='MattyBarlow']Blaa Blaa Blaa Blaa

Thank god none of these ships are actually like people describe them on this board.

As someone who has travelled on Oceana, Ventura, OV and OV2 i can tell you that the people are all the same. You get scumbags on each ship and youo get snobs on each ship. I came across the most stuck up and repulsive example of upper class England aboard OV!:rolleyes:[/quote]

Don't remember meeting you Matty :D

Cb

As someone who has travelled on Oceana, Ventura, OV and OV2 i can tell you that the poeple are all the same. You get scumbags on each ship and youo get snobs on each ship. I came across the most stuck up and repulsive example of upper class England aboard OV!:rolleyes:[/quote]

Matty, so did I. My sister and I were on OV2 and eating in the Bistro, as normal, the service was great, people brilliant and food yummy. There were a few young people around playing table tennis and running around on the top deck. Not causing a problem, just having fun. 4 oldies (70 ish) arrived and started moaning about the noise. One man said the noise had given him such a bad headache he could not eat his dinner and it was special wedding anniversary. Anyway, long and short of it, as soon the the waiter said the meal would be free, they perked up, eat the lot and ordered another bottle of wine. The poor kids got asked to play somewhere else. :mad:

As someone who has travelled on Oceana, Ventura, OV and OV2 i can tell you that the poeple are all the same. You get scumbags on each ship and youo get snobs on each ship. I came across the most stuck up and repulsive example of upper class England aboard OV!:rolleyes:[/quote]

Matty,

So have we. This lady made her distate for the ship and it's passengers most clear during a brief conversation in the ship's shop one day(OV2 2008)

[quote name='geecee1']Matty,

So have we. This lady made her distate for the ship and it's passengers most clear during a brief conversation in the ship's shop one day(OV2 2008)[/quote]

I admire people who speak their mind, and respect all diversity of opinion as long as it is legal
Cb

Thank god none of these ships are actually like people describe them on this board.[/quote]

Don't be so sure! I'll have you know young man that my descriptions of all ships are 100% accurate ......................when I am wearing my sensible head :D

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='cruisebore']Debbie
That, and they don't know the difference between themselves and a coconut.;):D

Cb[/quote]

What is it about you poor unfortunates that were unlucky enough to be born outside Yorkshire, that you have to resort to lame jokes(see above).
I know that our natural superiority can sometimes be a little to much to bear, but we mean you no harm.
Our suprior bearing also means that we do not have to adopt the dreaded penguin suit to feel important

Having just taken early retirement from a well paid job and facing a good few years on reduced income then ANY cruise would be wonderful - from Thompsons to 5 star!!
Less of the snobishness and enjoy what you can affoard!!!
Ah...how I remeber the lovely teak Prom Decks on Oceana....Aurora and Oriana......loads of good memories!!!

[quote name='riderhotlegs']The naughty girls from OV are coming on Ventura and Oceana next year and boy do we know how to party day and night. Watch out were coming to get yer! Arent we Gixxer?:D[/quote]

If P&O won't give us back OV, we will take Oceana and Ventura and make it ours. Anyone who objects can walk the plank,:eek:

[quote name='ROSEBASKETS']My point was the people who cruise on P&O would need to up THEIR class to sail on Cunard![/quote]

Oh dear, does this mean that we are "downing our class" as we've booked Oceana (our first P&O) in August with my 2 teenage stepchildren after having had a Cunard Transatlantic for our honeymoon last year? Answers please :)

Archived