United Airlines Carry-On ?

STARFISH*4

for all you frequest flyers with United...what size is acceptable for a Personal Carry-On (the type that goes under the seat in front of you) really stressing out about which bag to take.

what size is allowed? for those of you who travel United could you give me the size of your Personal Carry-On to get an idea;)

THANKS SO MUCH:)

The size given above is for the overhead bin space; a bag this large won't fit under your seat. Can't give you a "one size fits all" answer, as the under seat area varies by plane AND actual seat. Go to seatguru and look up your plane type and seat. Some seats have equipment boxes, etc. under them, and there's very little storage space.

Most seats certainly have room for an average size purse or small backpack. This is nothing to stress out over.

Most carryons are not going to fit under the seat infront of you..Just off a UA flight LHR-LAX and was amazed at how many large looking bags people were bringing onboard :eek: !! And then jamming them into the first overhead they came to with no regard to anyone else :rolleyes: !! Is that really necessary :confused: !!

for those of you who travel United could you give me the size of your Personal Carry-On to get an idea
With the caveat that I don't often fly United, I can give you an idea of what's intended. In addition to the main carry-on (which obviously won't fit under the seat in front of you), most airlines intend the "personal item" to allow you also to bring a handbag or a standard laptop in a standard laptop bag.

Does that help?

AA is the only airline I know of that defines a personal bag. My personal bag is exactly 36 liner inches and I have not had anyone challenge it on other airlines and so far has fit underneath the seat.

Shak

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/baggage/carryOnAllowance.jsp?anchorEvent=false&from=Nav

Personal item - includes: small backpack purse, briefcase, laptop bag OR a similar item such as book bag or tote that does not exceed 36 inches( length+width+height) and must fit under the seat.

Thanks everyone:)

i know the carry-on size which last flight on Delta they 'gate checked' as they said it was to large and well under the required size so i am looking for a smaller carry-on--so no problems with that bag hopefully and i do have several totes that are backpack size or laptop size, but just havent flown United, so unsure about the personal carry-on size...but now i have an idea so THANKS;)

Archived