Do Male crew have the same rights as female members?

Bakincakes

Oooh, a bit harsh :eek: Perhaps you should have used an icon to show it was a joke ;)

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that the icons were a necessary part of the english language now. I didn't realise that people needed to be told how to react. Perhaps in future publishers should insert the word (laugh) after whimsical parts of books or suitable icons to tell people how to react a la 1984 (thats a book by George Orwell not a date)

It's interesting to note that our American friends (big smile)seemed to get the joke (gasp)

I was fortunate enough to be part of the cruise & entertainment staff for RCCL from 91-95. This type of behavior does happen to both male and female staff, and for the most part it is harmless.

If it ever got to the point where the pax were "stalking" me (including following me around in a port), I used to say "I'm just on my way to call/meet my fiancee. She loves this island...etc...". Most of the time that took care of the problem. I do remember an instance where a schooner bar piano player had to have an inebriated 'fan' removed by security for being a little too friendly, but usually the situations took care of themselves.

Incidentally, I did meet my while while we were both working on board the Song of America. After we were married in '93 we returned to the ships as a married couple for nearly 2 more years. :D

We are returning next week for our first RCCL cruise as passengers after 15+ years away with our 14 year old son.

We all know the English are so much more civilized then the rest of us!;)

Bobal will have mixed feelings, you've used a Smilie, but made a spelling mistake, what a quandary! (the ! is a punctuation mark used in English and other languages to denote an exclamatory statement such as extreme happiness, shouting, or surprises used instead of a Smilie in intellectual writing)

On FOS last month, there was a video playing on the TV specifically preaching proper guest behavior. Flirting with crew is definately frowned upon whether male to female or vice versa. (or any other combo, of course)

Host Dan

Not true, there is absolutely no stipulation of "protected class" in the U.S. Sure it does, and it's the basis for hostile workplace harassment.

The law applies equally in any direction - male to female; female to male; male to male; female to female; majority to minority; minority to majority; superior to subordinate; subordinate to superior. You just listed two protected classes (sex and race/color). The other involving a superior would more likely be quid pro quo type harassment.

And, the agrieved party doesn't need to go to a jury to consider the activity offensive.

Maybe not to "consider" it offensive, but that and a buck will get them coffee. For a judgment ($$$) they need jury to agree that it's offensive. For a settlement they need the defendant to think a jury would agree it's offensive and a desire to mitigate risk.

The women were doing to a man, what men have done to women since the dawn of time. I don't see what they were doing as one bit worse than what men have done. It certainly is no worse just because they were silly women acting obnoxiously over a man. It is no worse when women are the predators than when men behave that way.

Bad behaviour doesn't justify more bad behavior.

The truth is I feel sorry for anyone who is treated like a sex object regardless of their gender. The man could employ a trick women have used, wear a wedding ring or just tell the women graciously that he is in a committed relationship. If they had any scruples at all, that should have quietly been the end of their aggressive behavior. Some people of either gender can be pretty boneheaded though.

It's just a sad statement of our society. For example a male high school teacher has an affair with a female student and he gets 10 years. A female school teacher has sex with a 13-year old boy and gets probation.

When men get sexually harrassed and they complain the typical response is, "what's your problem?" It used to be that only the men did dumb and stupid things, unfortunately women now feel the need to prove to the world that they can do just as many stupid things as guys can.

.... ... The soccer hooligans would provide all the attention these "ladies" could ever desire!:rolleyes:

::PIP PIP CHEERIO::

Soccer???? Isn't that something American women play?

can you say scoooooooooooore?!? lol:rolleyes::D;):p:D

I was fortunate enough to be part of the cruise & entertainment staff for RCCL from 91-95. This type of behavior does happen to both male and female staff, and for the most part it is harmless.

If it ever got to the point where the pax were "stalking" me (including following me around in a port), I used to say "I'm just on my way to call/meet my fiancee. She loves this island...etc...". Most of the time that took care of the problem. I do remember an instance where a schooner bar piano player had to have an inebriated 'fan' removed by security for being a little too friendly, but usually the situations took care of themselves.

Incidentally, I did meet my wife while we were both working on board the Song of America. After we were married in '93 we returned to the ships as a married couple for nearly 2 more years. :D

We are returning next week for our first RCCL cruise as passengers after 15+ years away with our 14 year old son.

What a great story! It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your time working on ships. One of my gal friends worked in entertainment for Princess, she thoroughly enjoyed her time onboard. She met some nice guys, and dated some for a while, passengers and other staff. Nothing lasting. :D

Archived