Which CS cabin?

Fitnessmaniac

On the Infinity...which would you prefer? CS on 6th floor or CS on 9th floor?

Most of the ships we've sailed the preferences are the higher decks. However..I've read on this sight that 6th floor is best.

We've never sailed in CS. Thanks for your input. :)

Marcia

Marcia

Difficult question! We have been in 9096 and 8104 on different M-class ships. We loved 9096 [on Millennium] because the decor had a real wow factor [we called it "Out of Africa" suite choose it if you are planning a cruise on Millennium] and then tried 8104 on Infinity. In my opinion, 8104 is probably slightly lighter because of the overhang on deck 9 but we still initially booked 9096 on Constellation for our next cruise because, like you, we have a preference for higher decks. However, we moved down to 6104 because we, also, heard that you get the best butlers on deck 6. [Then got the opportunity to upgrade to a Royal Suite for a great price, but that is a different story.]

Quite honestly, I would be happy with any forward facing CS and that would take preference over deck. If what people say about the butlers on deck 6 is correct, you may prefer deck 6. If you like it REALLY light, avoid deck 9 but it is only marginal because all the CSs are the brightest rooms on the ship. There can be occasional noise from the sliding door above on deck 9 but I am a very light sleeper and it did not bother me.

They are all great. Enjoy your suite whatever you choose.

Sue

CS on the "M" class ships ONLY are two staterooms on decks 6,7,8 & 9. They have large floor to ceiling windows in the living room area that comprise a "hump" on the ship lie a semi circle. One half of the circle faces forward the other backward....6104 faces forward, 6106 backwards...look at a deck plan on Millie, Summit, Infinity or Constellation it will make it clear..

We chose 8104 (forward facing) on the Constellation for this Dec. We also like the higher decks because I spend a great deal of time on the outside deck above the pool. After booking I heard lots of great things about the butlers on deck 6 due to RS & PH's. When a CS became available on deck 6 I thought about switching but kept my existing cabin. (I worried about the light and noise factor on deck 9 but that seems to be a non issue according to previous posts.) Sure hope I don't regret my decision but have twice been very satisified with the butlers I've had in CS in the past(although never stayed on deck 6). Is the service level that different? Thoughts anyone............:confused:

Jennifer

We chose 8104 (forward facing) on the Constellation for this Dec. We also like the higher decks because I spend a great deal of time on the outside deck above the pool. After booking I heard lots of great things about the butlers on deck 6 due to RS & PH's. When a CS became available on deck 6 I thought about switching but kept my existing cabin. (I worried about the light and noise factor on deck 9 but that seems to be a non issue according to previous posts.) Sure hope I don't regret my decision but have twice been very satisified with the butlers I've had in CS in the past(although never stayed on deck 6). Is the service level that different? Thoughts anyone............:confused:

Jennifer

I'm sure it will be fine...the difference is that deck 6 is where the Royal Suites and Penthouse is and they get the best butlers..this according to our butler when we were lucky enough to have a RS...but I'm sure all the butlers are well trained and if you've already experienced a CS not on 6th floor and were happy I'm sure you will be again....

CS on the "M" class ships ONLY are two staterooms on decks 6,7,8 & 9. They have large floor to ceiling windows in the living room area that comprise a "hump" on the ship lie a semi circle. One half of the circle faces forward the other backward....6104 faces forward, 6106 backwards...look at a deck plan on Millie, Summit, Infinity or Constellation it will make it clear..

Thank you, Gracie. I wasn't associating that the M class Celebrity Suites have no balcony...

Thanks Gracie for the reassurance. That's kinda what I was thinking and my biggest desire was location, location:D! I think I was just second guessing my decision. I'm sure I'll be thrilled regardless. It is a cruise after all, the best kind of vacation. Ahhhhhhh.........;)

Thanks Gracie for the reassurance. That's kinda what I was thinking and my biggest desire was location, location:D! I think I was just second guessing my decision. I'm sure I'll be thrilled regardless. It is a cruise after all, the best kind of vacation. Ahhhhhhh.........;)

.... and the Celebrity Suites are wonderful. So many people reject them because they have no balcony but they just do not know what they are missing ....

Sue

Archived