2011-2012 Cruise Prices

Anybody else think that the cruise industry will have to take a step back on cruise prices in 2011-2012?

Looks to me like the economy might just take another dip after the mid-term elections in November, 2010 and I just don´t see any good economic news that leads me to be optimistic about the near term. High unemployment and poor economy should translate into challenges for the travel business. At least logic would say so.

Just wondering if we will see a shake-up of the current pricing trends. Already seeing some deep discounting on Fall cruises for 2010. I know that´s typical, but I am very curious to see how the winter peak cruising season shakes out.

Just curious what others think.

:)

My perception is that with the large capacity added by ships like Oasis and its sister, Epic, etc. etc., and with the labor market situation in North America the demand may dry up somewhat and keep prices stable or slightly ;pwer.

At least, that is my hope!

The best cruise prices were in 2009 when everyone was in the bunker. Things have firmed up a bit now but I don't think they will go back to the 09 levels. I also don't think they can go up much unless the cruise industry takes a lesson from the airlines and take ships offline.

Kirk

We do not expect to see anything but higher prices in the next two years. However, we also expect to see more last minute bargains (such as Flash fares) which normally appear within 75 days of a cruise. In fact, we already are seeing quite a few of these excellent last minute fares. It seems like we are going backwards to the days when those who could wait for the last minute and had some flexibility are the ones who will grab the great deals.

Hank

Archived