Enough time?

JanetAlice

Since we will be arriving 4 days early to explore London I am going to take the train independently to the port. I am thinking about a Princess transfer back unless posters think I will have plenty of time since Princess transfers are ridiculously expensive.

Since we will be arriving 4 days early to explore London I am going to take the train independently to the port. I am thinking about a Princess transfer back unless posters think I will have plenty of time since Princess transfers are ridiculously expensive.

We did the same...explored London and took the train from Waterloo Station to Southampton. All went well but I found Waterloo Station difficult and confusing. Wasn't sure if we were in the right lines, etc...had to verify several times...and we are seasoned travelers having "trained" throughout Europe.

Southampton Station seemed very small and there was not many taxis to be had. Just had to be patient and wait our turn until one showed up. One couple decided to walk to the port... after driving the route, I do not recommend trying that as it is very industrialized...without sidewalks in many areas of the port and construction.

You should have enough time to get your flight be remember you have to check in at least 2 hours before your flight. Despite the cost, Princess will get you there...best compare the alternatives and assure that it is worth it.

Archived