Where is the best place to WATCH Ledgend sail out of Tampa???

Max Rule

OK, gotta question about viewing Legend as she sails out of Tampa. . . and before someone tells me from onboard (yeah, I know all you smartasses)

I am just getting my GF ready to book a cruise with me and thought if she saw Legend sail out somewhere up close she might get excited about it. . .

But besides the limited view I think we can get from channelside. . I am stuck.

Has anyone ever watched from Fort Desoto Park???

know what I mean. . . .:D:D

A good spot to watch it return is the North or South fishing piers at the skyway. I go out there and fish at night from time to time and last time we saw it coming in. Made me really feel sorry for those aboard. It was about 4:30-5:00 am. Good view with all the lights on and the music blasting. Must have been a good last morning because they were still jammin.

1PcCrusier is right-on the money with Ft.Desoto. When you get to the 3-way stop sign and are forced to turn either right or left, turn left and go all the way to the end. There is a turn around circle. Park off to the side and bring a couple of lawn chairs and a cool drink. You will have a prime spot to watch. It looks SO amazingly close. You can watch it from the South or North Beach also, this is just our favorite spot because it is on the end point of the park that faces the Skyway.

I have gone to Channelside and the Bennigins restaurant is right on the water next to the Legend. You are literally as close as you can get. It was great watching them load and unload the ship with supplies, watching passengers board and then watching them sail away. I work close by in Tampa so sometimes I will drive down on lunchbreak and just view the ships, wishing I was on it.

1PcCrusier is right-on the money with Ft.Desoto. When you get to the 3-way stop sign and are forced to turn either right or left, turn left and go all the way to the end. There is a turn around circle. Park off to the side and bring a couple of lawn chairs and a cool drink. You will have a prime spot to watch. It looks SO amazingly close. You can watch it from the South or North Beach also, this is just our favorite spot because it is on the end point of the park that faces the Skyway.

I agree about Ft. DeSoto park

OK, gotta question about viewing Legend as she sails out of Tampa. . . and before someone tells me from onboard (yeah, I know all you smartasses)

I am just getting my GF ready to book a cruise with me and thought if she saw Legend sail out somewhere up close she might get excited about it. . .

But besides the limited view I think we can get from channelside. . I am stuck.

Has anyone ever watched from Fort Desoto Park???

know what I mean. . . .:D:D

We watch her leave from DAvis island. There's a street that runs along the channel. Good, upclose and in person view. Get to wave everyone goodbye. Real cool.

We've gone as far as driving to the north pier for the skyway to watch it go under.

Love the Legend!!!:D

We sit at the outside bar it's a great place to watch from. This pic is from the upper deck of the Legend.

Legend003.jpg

This pic is from the bar to the Legend during the

muster drill.

IMG_0007.jpg

Wathcing The Legend leaving Port of Tampa Channel side

IMG_0064.jpg

I am an electrician with Local 915 Tampa, Fl. I worked on the Towers of Channel side(2-29 story condo towers across from the port) and it was torture watching people get on and off the Inspiration a couple times a week. There is a really nice view of the lido deck from the 14th story. Not as bad bad watching the Legend leave on Sundays though cause that meant double-time(Sundays).

1PCcruiser do you mean the towers we look at from the Lido Deck???

Legend831.jpg

Legend880.jpg

That would be the ones. I watched many happy(embarking) people and many sad people(you can guess) come through during the construction of The Towers. Of course I was hating life going to work and seeing a cruise ship less than 100 yards away. Pure torture!! Btw... right below that Bennigan's there is a place called Stump's Supper Club which I highly recommend:)

Archived