Why are there so many early flight out of FLL?

bilyclub

The airlines know that a majority of their traffic will be from cruisers, yet a lot of the flights are taking off in the morning. Is this just a ploy to keep the fares on afternoon flights ski high ?

I doubt that is statistically accurate. Remember, most cruise turnovers are at the weekend, while airlines have regularly-scheduled flights throughout the week. Florida has a large number of visitors who do not cruise.

I've wondered the same thing. The noon or later flights are always higher. You'd think someone would add a few more flights and they'd really rake it in. We didn't leave until 6 one afternoon after a cruise and FLL is not a pleasant place to be for that many hours. They wouldn't let us check our bags until 2 hours before. Delta agents are some of the rudest in the world. After we waited all that time, we got to Atlanta and found out we'd been bumped. That was the last time we used cruise air. Awful

Most of the people going through the airport are not coming from cruise ships. Some people like to fly out early to get somewhere in time to enjoy a full day there. If I was to fly to NY to take a cruise, I would need to fly out of FLL early so as to allow enough time not to miss the boat. There is no conspiracy.:rolleyes:

As a frequent business traveler, let me assure you that the early flights are for us. We need to fly in and out early in the morning to assure that we make our appointments at our destination.

I know it's hard to believe but Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are places of business and commerce, in addition to being fine vacation and cruise destinations!

Archived