Cabin by elevator

cruisecountess

I spent my lunch hour at the TA today, trying to sign up for 2/21/12 Aust/NZ.

Only 60 cabins left! DH and I prefer deck 4 mid-ship, but those were all taken. Cabin 4021 was available. It is not too far forward; in fact, it is next to the Category C1 cabin, being the first in Category C2. However, it is across from the elevator. I have it on hold for a week and would like to know if anyone has had this cabin ~ or any cabin near an elevator. Can you hear the noise from the elevator? from the people as they wait for the elevator? Would this cabin location pose enough problems to deter you from this trip?

Thanks for any input; it is greatly appreciated.

Harriet

Harriet:

I have never been in that cabin, but I have been in a cabin on Deck 6 pretty close to the elevators and I never heard a thing.

On our Australia/NZ trip a couple of years ago, we were in 7007, which is the C1 that is far forward and it was a bit rocky in the Tasman Sea so your idea of trying to get mid ships is a good one. My opinion is to grab that cabin. Spend the couple hundred dollars you'll save on something fun.

Marilyn

Have stayed in a cabin at elevator lobby on deck 6 (cat B 1 - bed is positioned close to door). Only heard voices on one occasion from folks waiting for their friends to join them.

The staterooms in Cat C1 and 2 have the bed positioned by the window -- even further from the stateroom door. Have never heard a sound from outside in the hall in 5 cruises in this category. Marsha

I spent my lunch hour at the TA today, trying to sign up for 2/21/12 Aust/NZ.

Only 60 cabins left! DH and I prefer deck 4 mid-ship, but those were all taken. Cabin 4021 was available. It is not too far forward; in fact, it is next to the Category C1 cabin, being the first in Category C2. However, it is across from the elevator. I have it on hold for a week and would like to know if anyone has had this cabin ~ or any cabin near an elevator. Can you hear the noise from the elevator? from the people as they wait for the elevator? Would this cabin location pose enough problems to deter you from this trip?

Thanks for any input; it is greatly appreciated.

Harriet

We just got back from a 12 day cruise on the Insignia. We had room #8006. We were just around the corner from the elevator & stairs and almost directly across the hall from a Waiter/Butler station. We heard NO noise from doors closing, people in the hallway, or noise from people waiting for the elevator.

We actually found the location to be handy. We have a rule that once onboard, we have to take the stairs...no exceptions:) However, it was nice to be close in proximity to both stairs and elevator.

Don't let the location of your cabin deter you from this trip!

My husband does not have great mobility and we always try for a midships cabin reasonably close to elevators and on our 2 previous Oeania cruises we did not hear any noise from the elevators - cabins are some distance from the lift lobby really.

I will chime in to concur that a location near the elevator is great, very convenient for all my running about the ship.

We have had the cabin closest to the fore elevator on deck 6 on two of our three (so far) Oceania cruises and never heard a thing. I am extremely noise sensitive (and never travel without ear plugs), and had no problems at all with this cabin.

Archived