What made you choose the cruises you did?

pappagene

We sail by embarkation port. As you can see my cruises have been switching over to CCL since NCL pulled out of Charleston.

Sailed the Majesty out of Charleston a few years ago. I have a nephew who lives in Goose Creek. We used him as our hotel, a place to park our car for the week, transportation to the port and pickup afterwards.

Gene

Oh, I want in on this XD

My first cruise (last summer) was booked because it was during my birthday/our anniversary ... add to that the swine flu outbreak and the cruise got so much more affordable! It was already pretty dang affordable to begin with :) Not a huge fan of mexico, but I jumped on the sale prices :)

This cruise in march was chosen for 2 reason: Dates & Price. DH and myself are still in college, so that cruise is during our spring break. We chose NCL (instead of RCCI) because NCL had that amazing deal of booking a balcony cabin for an outside cabin price :)

I suppose I'm guilty of choosing cruises for sales and working around class schedules :p

Itinerary is the big one. Price is a consideration, as well as the air travel expense.

I am more interested in going to the ports on the itinerary, rather than relaxing on a ship, gambling or even going to a lot of shows. I don't need a tan or to go to the beach, since I live on an island in South Georgia. Our cruises have and will be primarily in Europe, with some in South America or the Far East/Australia. Perhaps an Alaska or Canada cruise if the price is right.

Time of year, we try to travel when the kids are in school after that its Itinerary, then pricing and port of debarkation.

We use to travel when the kids could, but now they have graduated from high school and are either married or in college. This has given us the freedom to avoid the spring break crowd and to go when we want to. We just came back from a trip to Florida and there were no crouds, no waiting at the restarants, no crowds at area attractions, etc. So, we now pick on time of year, price, itinerary, port (within a days drive) and cruise line.

Gene

Archived