@ night cruises... love them? Hate them? Is it worth it?

cruisecruiserAS

Hi everyone,

We were thinking on going on a 2 night cruise for under 800$ total for inside cabin and we were also debating whether it's worth the money. My question is, from your experience, is $800 for 2 nights inside cabin too much?

I've never been on a 2 night cruise so I'm just wondering if its too quick...

Please share your thoughts... thanks!~ ;)

I would apply my money toward a longer cruise.

Tried it once. I was getting off after feeling I had just gotten on. No memories!

And I know I always hate that last day at sea before getting off. Well, it's also my first day at sea.

And the amount of aggravation getting on and off the ship for that short amount of time (although this was before I was VIP) didn't make it any better.

WAY too high! We're boarding next week on a seven night, inside, all inclusive for $919 for two people. You ought to be able to get a two night for $350 at the most, and with a bit of shopping, probably a lot less than that! Just my opinion, but I'd certainly do some more shopping around!

"SKY"

$800 is high, but you never said how many "we" is.

CTNs are a bootleggers dream. The duty free shop is open in international waters and since there is no foreign port, no customs.

Huge loophole.

... but they do charge tax. That surprised me. They said since no customs they charge tax for anything you buy in the duty free shops.

The Miracle from NYC? If you consider the cost of meals/hotel room and shows in NYC, this isn't such a bad deal. We like the CTNs sometimes esp. if it's a ship we've not sailed. We got to do the brand-new Dream 2 nighter last year. Loved it. It was short but a lot of fun.

I would not travel far for one of these though; we take a 50 minute train ride to NYC. I wouldn't fly to one or even drive much.

Archived