Advice on Fare Reduction

voyagerII

Sometimes they might give you an OBC or a small upgrade but often the terms of the lower price are 'for new bookings only' so you might not be entitled to anything. If you cancel and rebook, you could have a cancellation fee from TA, could lose reserved dining if you requested Traditional and could lose the particular cabin you selected unless you are a guarantee and didn't have an assigned cabin.

You could also ask them not for a fare reduction but an upgrade in your guarantee level. In the past I have asked for and gotten an upgrade to a VE gty, which insured that I wouldn't get a steel-walled verandah way forward.

To All: I contacted my TA who in turn spoke to HAL who spoke to her supervisor. HAL granted $100.00 OBC along with a 2X cat upgrade on VH Guarantee which in my opinion was fair and generous. Thanks to all who responded.

Never hurts to ask.

Very generous. I would have expected either/or - not both.

Enjoy!!

We went through this a few years ago. Any price reduction you see is ONLY on new bookings. Two years ago our cruise went down $600 so we cancelled and rebooked and luckily got the same room. All that was done before final payment. A few years ago you could call up if the price went down and they would honor it. Since then to many people must have done that and they changed the rules to new bookings only.

Archived