Latest Possible Disembarkation Time - Miami (Century)

wanderlust402

I have read many other threads related to people rushing to catch a flight and worrying about the earliest possible disembarkation time, but I have seen less discussion about late disembarkation. One poster mentioned that in Ft. Lauderdale, even though he tried dragging it out he was still off the ship by 9 AM.

I prefer to relax as much as possible on disembarkation day. I know that the main dining room will have less generous hours for breakfast, but will still have a sit down meal there. After breakfast, I enjoy relaxing on deck reading a book without the crowds until the equivalent of "last call" to get off the ship.

I am sailing on the Celebrity Century and my flight from Miami is at 3 PM.

What is the latest you have been able to disembark in Miami?

Hi- the latest we have ever been to disembark on any ship was 10 AM. They usally try to have everyone off by 9 or 9:30 because they have to start preparing for the new arrivals. you will have to vacate your cabin by 8AM. If you choose to carryoff your luggage, you will have to keep it with you in the public area where you wait-you cannot leave it in your cabin. You may want to try to sign up for a sightseeing tour of Miami or the Everglades to occupy your time after leaving the ship rather than having to spend hours in the airport. Check to see if Celebrity offers any-- on our last cruise we were offered a full day tour of Buenos aires with drop off of us and our luggage at the airport 2 hours before our flight departing time. You can also spend some fun time at Bay Harbor (?)-it's round around the pier-has great shopping and restaurants.

Enjoy the cruise--

I have read many other threads related to people rushing to catch a flight and worrying about the earliest possible disembarkation time, but I have seen less discussion about late disembarkation. One poster mentioned that in Ft. Lauderdale, even though he tried dragging it out he was still off the ship by 9 AM.

I prefer to relax as much as possible on disembarkation day. I know that the main dining room will have less generous hours for breakfast, but will still have a sit down meal there. After breakfast, I enjoy relaxing on deck reading a book without the crowds until the equivalent of "last call" to get off the ship.

I am sailing on the Celebrity Century and my flight from Miami is at 3 PM.

What is the latest you have been able to disembark in Miami?

You probably know the very hard working crew needs to prepare for the next group of passengers, and they have a very limited time to do this. They will have you off the ship before 10 am, most likely by 9:30.

Remember how excited you were to board the ship at the beginning of your cruise? There are hundreds who will be just as exited to board the ship once your cruise is finished. They will begin boarding the newbies by 11.

Archived