As if chair hogs need any additional encouragement . . . .

nodumblond

That being said I don't mind moving things even if I am not going to stay. And not just for the chair I am going to sit in for a while.

Same here.

Usually, I just sit at the edge of the pool, go in the pool. Sitting there for an hour or two, you notice numerous chairs that have been unoccupied for an hour or two.

I have removed their stuff just for the fun of it.:cool:

It is amazing to me to hear about what things some people get "joy" out of...especially while on vacation. :confused:

It warms the cockles of my heart that I was able to amaze you.

Please feel free to share with us the things that bring joy to you.:rolleyes:

on my last cruise i was at the pool by 7am got my chair and then went to eat breakfast then came back to my chair use my chair like for a hour then went to the gym for a hour came back my chair was there at noon went to eat lunch and still had my chair,i became good friends with the pool patrol for the whole i was the chair king for the week,i love the oasis pool patrol,hey if you want a good chair wake op early and become good friends with the pool patrol

I've sat at the edge of the pool, seen people leave their belongings and head back to the elevators. Once they've been gone for 45-min to an hour, I make sure the pool attendant removes their belongings. The worst chair hogs are the ones that put their belongings on the chairs before going to breakfast and show back up around 11. There are families that take up an entire row of chairs. Since there are usually around 8 of us, we take a few chairs next to the pool and a few under the shade and we just rotate out if we will be there for awhile. We don't need 8 chairs. Some of us are always in the pool or in the shade. We've never left the choice chairs next to the pool while we all go to lunch. It's rude and if we did, we would deserve to have our belongings picked up by the pool attendant. I just consider it wrong for all of us to spread out and take 8 loungers when there are people who would love to be able to enjoy the pool too. If you are leaving for lunch, you should give others an opportunity to enjoy. A trip to the bar or bathroom is different, but anything else...you're hogging a chair.

As a new cruiser (well, I will be in 23 days) I read this and wonder...

If WE all agree that chair hogs are a problem..... then

WHO is hogging ALL THE CHAIRS!!! :D:D:D

(and don't say first-timers!) :p

The members of all of the other cruise forums other than Cruise Critic:cool:.

on my last cruise i was at the pool by 7am got my chair and then went to eat breakfast then came back to my chair use my chair like for a hour then went to the gym for a hour came back my chair was there at noon went to eat lunch and still had my chair,i became good friends with the pool patrol for the whole i was the chair king for the week,i love the oasis pool patrol,hey if you want a good chair wake op early and become good friends with the pool patrol

Ah, I just love people who consider themselves so darned special that rules do not apply to them.

Archived