Wheelchairs on Independence of Seas?

Pasty

My wife has had 2 knee replacements & sometimes when we are out shopping she needs to use the shops wheelchair. Do they have wheelchairs for occasional use by passengers on Independence of the Seas? We don't have a wheelchair as its not often she needs it.

:confused:

Always wheelchairs available at the port in Southampton, seen then plenty of times, but as for chairs onboard you will find that they dont carry too many, they will expect those that need the use of a wheelchair to use there own, however give them a ring they might be able to accomodate a 'casual' use one on there for you, guest services at RCI will be able togive you much better advice, but in the first instance make yourself known at the port and they will sort one out for you, also when using a wheelchair you get priority boarding, so on the ship within minutes.

My wife has a walking problem, doesnt use a wheelchair, but regularly uses one at the port etc as it just makes getting on the ship easier, and then once onboard she just walks at her own pace, takes regular breaks, it's a holiday, it doesnt matter to us if it takes 30 mins to walk from one end of the ship to the other!!!

Hi,

Imdependence is one big beauty and you can walk for a long time just sightseeing on board! Whilst there may be wheelchairs about for occasional use having one in the right place at the right time may not happen. Speaking as someone who has used a scooter on board ship I would recommend hiring one just to have it there 'in case'. Takes the worry out of the equation.

My wife has had 2 knee replacements & sometimes when we are out shopping she needs to use the shops wheelchair. Do they have wheelchairs for occasional use by passengers on Independence of the Seas? We don't have a wheelchair as its not often she needs it.

:confused:

You'll need to rent one. RCL will give you a list of places that will have one in your cabin when you arrive. Cost is around $10 per day

A few years ago I accompanied my wheelchair-bound brother on Freedom.

Although he does use a wheelchair at all times, he wanted a scooter for on board. I contacted www.CareVacations.com

as they are an approved supplier of medical related devices on RCI. We paid the $245, and a scooter was waiting in our cabin. After the cruise, we left it in the cabin.

It really made things easier!

Good luck,

Barb

Archived