Journey dry dock schedule

jbandkb

I've done a search but can't find a dry dock schedule for Journey. Has anyone seen any information on an upcoming dry dock for Journey?

Thanks.

Hi JbandKb !

I asked last week, and was told nothing has been finalized. I have a feeling that Journey might have a Drydock in March or April 2012, as there may be a opening in her schedule, around that time.

I think the term Drydock is not a big deal these days, as much of a Ship's upgrading can be done while the ship is in service. I highly doubt Azamara is planning Major changes to either ship.

• 1 month later...
On ***** web site there are deck plans for the Journey until March 23, and then after April 4, 2011. I have compared them but can see any difference.

Carsten

You got me curious, so I did a split screen of the "before" and "after" layouts. I can't find a difference in the layout. I did find a difference in the letter designations for the various staterooms. Owner's Suites will go from PS to CW. Sky Suites will go from S1 and S2 to N1 and N2. The veranda cabins will change as well. I didn't notice any other changes. I was told by a ship's officer on the Quest in September that the Looking Glass was going to be reconfigured to give card players a quieter place to play and that smoking was going to be eliminated in that back corner. I'm guessing they might make similar changes on the Journey, although that isn't reflected by in deck plans you referenced. Both changes would be highly welcomed by many.

You got me curious, so I did a split screen of the "before" and "after" layouts. I can't find a difference in the layout. I did find a difference in the letter designations for the various staterooms. Owner's Suites will go from PS to CW. Sky Suites will go from S1 and S2 to N1 and N2. The veranda cabins will change as well. I didn't notice any other changes. I was told by a ship's officer on the Quest in September that the Looking Glass was going to be reconfigured to give card players a quieter place to play and that smoking was going to be eliminated in that back corner. I'm guessing they might make similar changes on the Journey, although that isn't reflected by in deck plans you referenced. Both changes would be highly welcomed by many.

From what we were told while on the Quest (Oct 2nd) the entire deck 9 is getting a major refurb (on both ships). Also staterooms are being upgraded to digital flat screen TVs.

We were on the Journey in May 2010 and then in Oct. 2010 but in different category rooms. In May the TV was in the cabinets (inside cabin) whereas in Oct. it was a wall mounted flat screen up by the large wall mirror in our verandah stateroom. I believe a fridge (well, mini-bar) had been added in the cabinet and the safe shifted up to where the TV had been.

More interesting was another couple on our cruise reported that they were told that the bathrooms were going to be enlarged in late 2011. I find that very hard to believe as the whole ship - at least the cabin areas would have to be torn up but I know other lines have made some major reconfigurations. MAYBE deck 9 is going to be revamped so some cabins have a better bathroom layout - so maybe that is what is going down in early 2012.

Archived