Bikini wax & new growth ?

realcindylouwho

Thanks to all of the great CC suggestions and advice about Bikini waxing on this board. I may have gathered enough guts to get this done. However, I have a question that I don't think has been fully answered here...

What do you do after a wax when the hair starts growing back in? Since the hair needs to be around 1/4 to 1/3 inch long to wax, how can a gal wear a swimsuit without showing the regrowth? Am I missing a step? I have light(ish) hair and I can say that MY regrowth would be noticable and I would be self-conscious. Lets just say, that if the hair was limited to the actual "bikini line" and not outside of that area:eek:, I would be okay.

So experts, what do you do?

It will depend on how fast your hair grows! That's why I don't wax visible areas...you DO have to let it get a bit long...my hair grows VERY fast...so 2 or 3 days of 'smoothness" isn't worth the regrowth process....it's just easier (and faster, less painful) to shave.

If your hair is fine and light, then few will notice it. If you have darker, coaser hair...the "regrowth" process is ugly as hell!

Shaving is so easy!

• 3 weeks later...
It will depend on how fast your hair grows! That's why I don't wax visible areas

So you just wax where it doesn't show :)?

OP - no you aren't missing a step. You have to let the hair grow out to wax again. A good waxer can do a Brazillian in about eight minutes, with very little pain (I know you were only asking about bikini line).

You may want to try waxing, just to see how it works for you.

Lucky you, to have fine, invisible hair! Some of us don't, so waiting until it's long enough to wax again is NOT an option!

Yes...areas invisible to the general public, I do wax ...since it won't be unsightly for anyone (except hubby, who doesn't care!!!) because it is smoother than shaving....

areas that are visible are shaved daily...sometimes, twice daily!

I get my Brazillian done the day before our cruise or trips and my re growth usually takes about 3 weeks to come back. I have dark thick hair but I keep up on my waxing and it takes longer and longer for the hair to grow back. I pluck any strays that may pop up during our trips or between waxing. The keys are exfoliating and a good after wax product, like Tend Skin.

I have dark, thick hair too and I prefer waxing. Yes, you have to do it more often if it grows quickly, but you also have an advantage - once the hair becomes visible again, it doesn't take very long at all for it to grow long enough for waxing. So you only have to deal with stubble for a couple of days before you can get rid of it again.

That being said, the hairs all grow at different rates, so when you get a wax, there may be some random hairs just below the surface - they therefore aren't ripped out and can start showing soon afterwards. For that - and to make the bikini wax last longer generally - I usually use an epilator. They have a bad rap, but they don't actually hurt more than waxing, it just seems more painful because the process is more drawn out. But it's really not that bad if you're used to waxing. I use the Bliss "Bikini Perfect" set, which has shavers & trimmers in addition to the epilator, and it can all be used in the shower - and it's small, so it's great for travel.

Archived