Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Debbie,

I couldn't get the top/picture bingo to work for me. So what I did is go to your photobucket and look at the pictures. Then, I picked the ones that I thought were the best and I really looked at them to figure out the ones that I felt were my favorite. I don't have any idea what the label(s) are for these tops, so the only thing that I can think to do is to post them. forgive me... but I can't figure out another way.

I don't think that any of the greens holds up to purpleberry. Sorry, but that purpleberry is just fabulous on you. So I'm wondering if either: the greens are just not FIRE and so won't hold up to a true FIRE color, or... green just isn't as fabulous on you as purple is? IDK... I'm just commenting on thoughts and opinions here.

So, here goes:

OK. So, this is what happened. After I pasted the pictures here, I scrolled down to read the opinions and Anita's post that identified C1, C2, C3 as the pictures that showed the best skin tone were exactly the pictures that I had posted. So, I guess that I'm in agreement with Anita that, of all the greens that were posted, I prefer C1, C2, C3 the best. Again, I don't think that any of them are as good as purpleberry though!

So, scrolling down further... I see that Kim doesn't agree with C2. You know, I think that Kim has a "mind's eye" color in that she's remembering the top that Piper ate. I know that I have had what I thought was a color in my mind's eye that IRL appeared very different... I'm talking about being in a store and thinking that something would match with something back home in the closet (before color palette days) and then coming home and having the darn colors be totally different. So, IMO, that's what is going on here. I think Kim is being reminded of a color that ended up being cool and so she's predisposed against the C2... maybe...

Agreement on C1...

which leaves C3 as a puzzle... but you know what?... it appears muted on the screen, that's for sure... but maybe C3 is in the mix (although Anita's favorite) as just being the best of choices that aren't as great as they could be. I would love to see you in Honeydew! LOL!

I think the majority of your tops that aren't working well are cool... so the warmth factor isn't there. Here are my thoughts on the B2 top taking such a great picture in the restaurant... lighting. What type of lighting was in the restaurant at the time? For us FIRE ladies, we can take some pretty spectacular pictures in restaurants, especially if there is any hint of warmth coming from candlelight. The warm yellow that candlelight adds to the lighting of the camera's eye is perfect for helping blend our skin tone. If the restaurant picture was taken during the day... well, I'm still going to go with the lighting! Because restaurants have very mellow, comfort lighting.. not only in the bulbs that they use but also in most of the window placements... to allow for cozy, comfortable dining.. that and the fact that inner thoughts like being with your DD will light up your face... I'm going with that as a possibility of why the picture turned out so well. Can you post it so we can see?

Okay, Pam. I'm going to try my best. I've taken new pictures this afternoon facing a southwest window with afternoon sun streaming in. This may be too much light (LOL), but I'm trying to get the most light and this afternoon is all the time I have to devote to picture taking in decent light conditions before we leave in the morning. If these pictures aren't good, let's please move on to Linda's blues. I just thought since you asked that I'd try to show you since you asked for the honeydew top and I had the others close by.

photo-11.jpg Here's the purpleberry as a control again.

photo-12.jpg Here's the honeydew tank as requested, Pam.

photo-13.jpg What had been labeled C1 (the top I bought thinking it was a known FIRE top from Old Navy).

photo-14.jpg What had been labeled C1.

photo-15.jpg The troublemaker top C-3 (blue-green? FIRE or not?)

photo-16.jpg The restaurant good picture. Two more pictures in the next post.....

photo-19.jpg

Probably the best shot I have at FIRE, IMHO.

photo-17.jpg

The one I swear is the same color as my CJW color card.

OK, folks. That's it. Last time, I promise. Make comments if you'd like. Like I said, if this is too much light, or everyone is simply too tired to rehash this yet again, let's please move on to Linda's blues, ok? --Deb

Uh. Oh.

Based upon the pictures that you posted, Debbie, I may have made a mistake in my labeling. The trio of pictures below, that Anita posted earlier, are the ones that I thought had the best effect on you. I thought that they were labeled C1, C2, C3....

I do not know if these two photos, which I expected to have the same effect, are having such a different effect because of some other lighting factor or not. When I go looking for "lit up" Debbie...I see her in

C1, C2, C3. The effect on your skin looks the same in these photos to me:

photo-10-5.jpg

Based on this series of photographs, I would have to say that FIRE is C1, C2, C3.

Okay, Pam. I'm going to try my best. I've taken new pictures this afternoon facing a southwest window with afternoon sun streaming in. This may be too much light (LOL), but I'm trying to get the most light and this afternoon is all the time I have to devote to picture taking in decent light conditions before we leave in the morning. If these pictures aren't good, let's please move on to Linda's blues. I just thought since you asked that I'd try to show you since you asked for the honeydew top and I had the others close by.

photo-11.jpg Here's the purpleberry as a control again. and just as fabulous!

photo-12.jpg Here's the honeydew tank as requested, Pam.

photo-13.jpg What had been labeled C1 (the top I bought thinking it was a known FIRE top from Old Navy). and, wow, is this the C1 that I thought was C1. See the trio of pictures above: the C1 there (at least that I thought was C1) seems to have a different neckline? Or, is it just pulled differently on your body... because I remember you said that this top is way, way too big for you now... so are these the same top?

photo-14.jpg What had been labeled C1. and I thought was C3...

photo-15.jpg The troublemaker top C-3 (blue-green? FIRE or not?) and I thought was C-2

The restaurant good picture. Two more pictures in the next post.....

I had to remove the restaurant picture because CC wouldn't let me post a message with 7 images in it. So, on to the next post to continue my thoughts....

Debbie, you look beautiful in those tops. I must say the purpleberry one is absolutely breathtaking. Your eyes practically explode out of your head (in a good way) and your skin is just radiant. Now, I am new to this color thing but here's my thoughts... the honeydew one is great. I like that color a lot on you. Your skin looks good and your eyes pop (maybe not explode like the purpleberry, but still great). I like the others too except maybe the blue green top and the one that you say looks just like the CJW color cards. For some reason, to me, it looks like those tops wear you instead of you wearing the top. Does that make sense? They aren't bad, per se, they just seem to overwhelm your beauty a bit. You look great and I'm so happy that you are sharing pictures on here. I hope to be as far along and as brave as you are when I start submitting pictures to my earth thread.

- Barbara

Wow, Barbara. Thanks for the kind words. Those pictures are without makeup and by the time you pull that many tops over your head, whatever hair isn't sticking straight out or up, is a tangled mess. Not my best by any stretch of the imagination, but I agree that when the colors are just right, it makes a huge difference, doesn't it?

If you notice how long I've been a member here and how many posts I have (nearly all of them on this thread) you'll know it took me an extremely loooooong time to begin posting. But since I began, man oh man, have I made up for lost time. Glad to see you posting here and on your thread. Welcome! --Debbie

Edited by aoknkentucky

WOW Debbie. I can see your face!!!

I know that Mom looks at each photo and does some sort of analysis like that...but for me, it's all about comparisons. Seeing the effect of each color as it compares to another. The problem has been being able to clearly see the effect of the colors. LOL. So this is how I look at these photos:

photo-12-1.jpg

A1...the hoodie that has been the perfect match to the color cards and yet hasn't photographed well until today.

A2...the one green that everyone has loved in every series.

A3...the green that appears to be muted but photographed so well in the restaurant.

A4...our purpleberry control.

B1...the supposed FIRE shirt from Old Navy

B2...the blue green shirt that only Mom and I seem to think looks good.

B3...my fav from the last go around that seemed to be a bit muted in the color party.

B4...Honeydew...a known FIRE color that we have seem on Mom and Linda.

Ladies...I am pleased to announce that we can finally see someone else go gray like Mom did! Debbie...I think you got a bad dye lot on that Old Navy shirt. I'd have to look through this thread to see where the recommendation came from, because I don't remember it. And this could have been confusing you if you have been thinking that this shirt was a confirmed shirt and if you were trying to compare the effect of this shirt versus others. Because that shirt made you GRAY...

I think all the other ones are good.

Ahhh...FINALLY, I feel like we got to see shining Debbie!!! *happy dance* *happy dance*

Like I said before, Debbie, you look fabulous in these pictures. The only one that is really off to me is that Old Navy one and in Anita's collage it was really obvious. I even showed my husband (who understands nothing of what we are doing here) and asked him "which one of these doesn't fit in" and he picked the Old Navy shirt. Something is off on it. I can't say what exactly but something. Everything else is amazing.

WOW Debbie!!!! What a difference!!!! These pics are so much better!!! I agree with Anita now!!! That supposed Old Navy fire washes you out.

Barbara- Congrats on finding out you're EARTH!!!! How wonderful! Welcome to the Warmth that abounds here and on Anita's thread.

Thanks, Ladies. I appreciate everyone's help. Isn't it amazing that the only top that isn't a good match is the one really needs to go away because it's too big!?! It's almost 11 pm here and I'm still not packed, so I'd better get off here and get busy. We're leaving at 7:00 am, so I'd better hurry so I can get to bed. I really do appreciate all the time and trouble every body went through with me. I'm almost as excited that I have F I N A L L Y discovered a place to take pictures. Yippee!!! Next I'll learn how to post pictures side by side, maybe, so I don't plaster myself soooo large on the screen EEK!

Linda, I feel like a hijacked your blue party and I apologize. I'd love to see you in all three tops of row C and any tops you feel are bright navy. I can't tell for sure, but thought maybe A2, A3, and possibly the B2 print? I can't tell about the print, but is it blue and periwinkle together? That would make 6 and I think that six was the limit it would let me post at one time.

I'll try to check in from time to time, but not sure how much I'll be able to post until Wednesday. --Debbie

Debbie,

I'm so happy that we pursued this for one more round of pictures. This last set was wonderful to do the comparison. And, of course, agreement all around that the Old Navy shirt needs to be retired. It's done its duty and served its time! Yippee skippee. Now you have confidence in the greens in your closet.

So blue color parties are around the corner. The sun didn't cooperate for me today. Believe it or not... wasn't that sunny in sunny Arizona.

Have a wonderful weekend... well, I guess a little longer than a weekend. Anyway, safe travels...

Select EDIT PHOTOS. To do this...put your mouse on the MY ALBUMS tab...a second row of tabs will appear...(I believe this is the default and may already be shown on certain screens)...EDIT PHOTOS is in that second row of of tabs.

In the Get Photos dialogue box...hit the CREATE A COLLAGE button.

On the left side of the new screen are different options.

1. Select a layout. Click on the layout that you want. Please note...I often select from the layouts on the bottom row. Debbie, to create the latest collage of your greens (with purpleberry and honeydew), I selected the 4 x 4 collage. I cropped it after loading photos.

2. Load photos. Hit the load photos button in each grid. You may need to choose your album and/or subalbum using the drop down menu. You hit the select button to pick a photo.

3. If you happen to pick a photo and wish it were in a different box...just click on the photo and drag it to the box you want it in. If there is a photo already in that box, the two photos will switch places.

4. Back on the left side of the screen...change SPACING from the default 10 to 0 by sliding the circle to the far left side of the slide bar.

5. Check the PROPORTIONS...if needed grab the circle and slide it to where the proportions are either 42:58 or 43:57. This will show more of the shirt in the photo than the default 50:50 in some layouts.

6. If necessary, see if you can grab your photo within the box and move it around to put your face/head/shoulders in the most pleasing position.

7. Now you are ready to EDIT and save the collage. Click the CUSTOMIZE button.

8. Now you are in the standard EDIT screen. If you didn't use all the squares/rectangles in your layout, use the CROP tool. Select the rows that have photos with the tool. You can move the selection around by clicking and dragging the selection at the squares in the middle of each side. Select CROP SELECTED AREA.

9. Now you are ready to save the photo. Select SAVE A COPY under the collage.

10. The screen will go to the collage in the album. You can select the IMG CODE (the bottom address listed) to copy it and then be able to paste it in your post.

:)

Linda...if there is one thing that I learned from Debbie's party...it's to take photos of anything that seems remotely close. LOL!

In your blue party...A1, A2, A3, and B3 don't look like FIRE to me.

All the others look like possibilities. I will say that I think that your color cards overall seem a bit BRIGHTER than the shirts...but I think I'm learning that brighter doesn't equate with CLEARER...so those shirts MAY still be clear.

I would want to see a collage of you in B1, B2, C1, C2, C3, and HONEYDEW for a control. Just for ducks (anyone know the origin of that saying?)...you could include A3 in your picture taking...just to verify. I would make a collage with the first 6 mentioned. Use the 3 x 3 layout and crop out the bottom row once you load the photos.

Once we look at those photos, we can pick the best one for you to do a side by side with A3 to see if that is Fire navy...does that make sense? So, take that photo, but don't worry about showing it to us right away.

FUN FUN!!

Hi, Linda,

IMO, your blue color party is looking very cool... and I don't mean that in a hip-hop, 70's-lingo, way...

Judging from Anita's being blue bereft, I would say that you don't have a muted color situation! :D In fact, Ladies, I think that Anita will absolutely start to drool if any of our blues turn us gray! :rolleyes:

So, to my eye... you might have FIRE in B1, C2, C3

I think you should take pictures in B2 and C1... just on the offset chance that my eyes aren't seeing your blue color party in its best light, so to speak. I'm pretty certain that the other blues are just visiting the neighborhood and won't be invited to future parties... you know.. they just arrived as guests because you were being polite, at the time!... I can't really figure out what is going on with B2...

Since you separated your other blues, do you have a LOT of tops in the "other blues" category or are there just a few. Because if you have just a few, I think you should take a blue color party picture of them... keeping them separate from the tops you've already shown.. and you can do those tops at about the same time. Of course, if you have a LOT of other blues, then you might want to wait. I'm just thinking of you having confidence in some section of your closet. Didn't you buy a Cyan top from Chico's? I'm pretty confident in that color as FIRE, but I think I would separate it into probably the aqua class within the blue color party.

Kim, are you finished with your blues?

Debbie is camping. She's out under blue skies.

Anita: "just for ducks" origin? Yes, I know.

Barbara: is it this Saturday or next Saturday for the hair appointment? I think Anita should warn you about the purple browns as well. Make sure those browns are golden.. yellow.. chocolate brown. No hint of red, purple, green... Browns are very interesting. I have a lot of brown as well. I think I went crazy with brown when I first started trying to locate color palette clothing. If you have a Chico's in your area, go and look at the Chocolate and Chocolate Chip in Travelers fabric. That will help you see a good, rich brown that is perfect for you.

Margaret: I think a deep, dark chocolate brown would serve you as well as black on the subway! That shift in your clothing basics would open up great possibilities for your wardrobe. I know I'm on the wrong thread for you, but you read here as well, don't you?

The sun is shining. Maybe I can get some pics done today after all. We'll see.

Barbara: is it this Saturday or next Saturday for the hair appointment? I think Anita should warn you about the purple browns as well. Make sure those browns are golden.. yellow.. chocolate brown. No hint of red, purple, green... Browns are very interesting. I have a lot of brown as well. I think I went crazy with brown when I first started trying to locate color palette clothing. If you have a Chico's in your area, go and look at the Chocolate and Chocolate Chip in Travelers fabric. That will help you see a good, rich brown that is perfect for you.

Pam, my hair appointment is next Saturday, the 15th. I wish it was this Saturday, I'm having one of those hair moments when you desperately want it fixed. Purple Browns? I'm intrigued. I do have a Chico's in the area. I'll check out the chocolates there.

Anita: "just for ducks" origin? Yes, I know.

The sun is shining. Maybe I can get some pics done today after all. We'll see.

Feel like sharing? IDK.

Yay for sunshine! We are overcast today. But with the way I'm feeling, I feel like if I took pictures of myself, there'd be nothing but nose to see...

We have to figure out the next color...I'm thinking that since all the FIRE blues could take forever to get through...I should pick a party that is likely to be bigger for me than all of you...so I have time...I'm thinking orange. Including rust. NOT coral. ORANGE. Sound good? Does anyone else have a ton of orange?

Pam, glad you had a nice visit and safe travels. It's always fun to travel but, it's nice to be back home too, isn't it?

Yes, I'm done with blues. I only have 4 tops in FIRE blue. I have lots of aqua though.

Anita, go for the orange. I don't have any--just corals and peaches.

Debbie, have fun on your trip. Have you been before? We went once about 30 years ago.

Linda, any new skunk news?

Ok, here are the blues you requested with the control green top in the same lighting as the blue.~sun streaming in my windows!! You can tell I was getting tired, because not only was I trying on tops I was tossing things in the Good Will pile. B1 is next to go! as well as B2(it's way to big now!) I also came across some winter things I need your input on. I'm sure the 1st one needs to go, but not sure about the 2nd. Oh yea, I did find another blue to add also. I will post those next.

I have tons of aquas/ turg I will try to get pics later of. Yes, I do have that cyan top from Chico's as control for the aquas.

Orange?!?! I think that one may be a bust for me also.

63ywdl.jpg1zmicdf.jpg13zsb6b.jpg

ims0v7.jpgsw8ck8.jpg2yo4hzm.jpg

Linda...I know how eagerly we wait for responses when we post our photos...so the first thing I will say...

I do see one gray photo, but I don't think it's a warm color...the cardigan sweater with the sun and clouds needlework...you look gray here to me...and I don't THINK it is because of shadow. I think that one is AIR...I can picture Bonnie (from the seasons thread wearing that color...)

I am LOVING that turtleneck sweater on you! How fabulous with cool weather right around the corner...or has it hit you already?...you sparkle in that sweater...there is a very bright blue interspersed throughout that knit that is fabulous...it is just enough to brighten you up...how wonderful...a FIRE sweater!

The t-shirt that was posted with the above mentioned...I think that's ICE. It is wearing you...I think I can picture my Dad in that color. I think I have SEEN Dad in that color. ;) And compared to the lovely radiance of the turtleneck...your skin tone is more red...which makes me think that there isn't enough warmth to kick up the yellow in your skin?

The collage photos...I will admit to some difficulty here because they look a bit blurry...I need to look at them more...I think they are all clear...I think we are trying to determine Ice v. Fire...

Anita, I love blues, but can't seem to find the correct one for me. I thought they all looked a little on the cool side, but wasn't sure. Most of them I have had for a while. I thought the tank was more warm though. And I do love that blue cowl neck sweater! To bad I can't find it in a lighter weight material. It is a perfect match to the blue color card and I had the sales girl verify that what I was seeing, she saw~ last fall when I bought it.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. Like I said I was tired and tried to keep my hand steady when

"shooting". I retook those several times until I got some that were half decent for viewing. :eek:

BTW- Off Blue topic- but went to dinner with DH and he took this one for me to post. I wore one of the new cadmium red tops and he says "Wow, you look gorgeous this evening!"What do you think?

2j2hz07.jpg