Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

First of all.... Linda... You are beautiful in Cadmium Red. I tell you... when we nail one of those FIRE colors, it just makes all the difference in the world. Gorgeous lady. Did you have a great dinner? What did you pair with the top for your ensemble? More importantly, did you feel amazing in the color?

I took a quick pic of my blue color party. I'm having some issue with light streaming into the home at this point of the season and the angle of the sun. So I have to hurry because I have a small window of time in the morning before the sun's angle starts creating shadow in my foyer. Yes, I suppose I could get up early in the morning and I wouldn't have such a limited amount of time :rolleyes:, BUT...

So the collage below is the same... don't want to confuse and have you think that I had to take two pics becaue of the number of tops. The pic on the left is with sunlight streaming in from an east facing window, at 8:25am. The pic on the right is with fill flash.

P1060365-1.jpg

These tops are hard to distinguish in description because they are mostly sleeveless Tees, but to try:

A1 - Chico's cotton

A2 - Chico's nylon

A3- Coldwater Creek cotton

B1 - Chico's silk/cotton/poly blend

B2 - Cache, long-sleeved cardigan sweater

B3 - Cache silk

Linda,

All I can say right now is that when we see what's right, it is so obviously right that there's no question at all. For me, the cowl neck sweater is just so obviously good on you. I wish that I could be all analytical and come out with the most amazing reason why that is true, but I don't have the skill set for that. I'm wondering if the sweater is just clear enough and the warmth plus the factor of being clear makes it just work for you. I think that sweater is a spectacular example of the search for clear... doesn't necessarily mean the search for bright... because it appears that the sweater, by its very texture, wouldn't fall into the bright spectrum.

CJW uses the words "warm" and "bright" as our guidelines. That word "bright" is a hardship for me, because I think that there is no way that textured sweater can be "bright," but it obviously, obviously has a wonderful effect on your skin tone. So... let's just leave it at that. I believe the cowlneck sweater is a true keeper in your closet.

Now, I'm having difficulty with analyzing the other blue pictures. The sweater with the clouds and sun... I'm having trouble with that one, but I can't tell if there is a light problem with the picture itself or if the color is affecting you in a subdued-light way. I don't see you going completely gray, but I don't see the healthy glow of Cadmium Red or Honeydew.

The others? I can't tell if it's picture lighting... or?... maybe picture blur? When I resize these pictures, they just go all blurry and pixilating and I really can't tell or see anything at all. So I tried making them smaller and I couldn't tell a distinction between them... none of them were as good as your control picture.

So, I'm sorry to say... I think we have a Debbie situation on our hands, for me... I can't tell enough to give you confident opinions. I'm so sorry...

Except the cowlneck sweater! That's a keeper! :D IMO.

2mdjdl2.jpgP1060364-1.jpg

Maybe it is the light? But I wanted to see our blue color parties, together with the color cards, just to see if we could tell some differences? Maybe the light here in AZ is too intense for this to provide us with any help in our discussion, but it was fun to do anyway. :p

On my monitor, most of the color card swatches look the same in the two parties... except for the medium warm violet and periwinkle blue...

Interesting? I need to go back and find Kim's blue color party collage pic...

Anita, I love blues, but can't seem to find the correct one for me. I thought they all looked a little on the cool side, but wasn't sure. Most of them I have had for a while. I thought the tank was more warm though. And I do love that blue cowl neck sweater! To bad I can't find it in a lighter weight material. It is a perfect match to the blue color card and I had the sales girl verify that what I was seeing, she saw~ last fall when I bought it.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. Like I said I was tired and tried to keep my hand steady when

"shooting". I retook those several times until I got some that were half decent for viewing. :eek:

BTW- Off Blue topic- but went to dinner with DH and he took this one for me to post. I wore one of the new cadmium red tops and he says "Wow, you look gorgeous this evening!"What do you think?

2j2hz07.jpg

Linda,

What a GREAT color on you!!! I LOVE the effects on you. Once you get some definite FIRE keepers, it will get easier to mix and match from that starting point.

First off~let me thank you all for the wonderful help on finding stores that carry fire colors!!!!

Yes, I feel wonderful in that red top!!! And DH thought so also!! Miss Pam, Anita, Kim and Debbie ~ you are marvelous wonders!!:)

As for the blues, I'm pretty sure that none of those except the tank(C2) are warm, clear. The lighting was full sun and no flash. That was my error. And I do apologize for being so confusing. I retook the sweater and tank with card in flash for comparison. Does that help?

30ws83l.jpg

Edited by snuggles

P1060364-2.jpg

So, what do you think? Are we seeing that Linda's collage may be on the cooler side?

Oh! I just saw your post Linda. So pic taken in full sun with no flash? Same conditions as Kim's and my pics, so I'm thinking...

What is the position of the tank that you took the picture of in the original blue color party collage? Oh, I see you already answered my question... C2...

OK. Let's see another pic in C2... please...

Edited by Member123
Linda posting at the same time!

P1060364-2.jpg

So, what do you think? Are we seeing that Linda's collage may be on the cooler side?

Oh! I just saw your post Linda. So pic taken in full sun with no flash? Same conditions as Kim's and my pics, so I'm thinking...

What is the position of the tank that you took the picture of in the original blue color party collage?

Good grief that is blurry!! C2, Keep in mind my full sun is northeastern USA (PA) and this was mid afternoon. Maybe I need to clean my windows!!!LOL Better just use the last blue party I posted.

Edited by snuggles

P1060364-2.jpg

What is the position of the tank that you took the picture of in the original blue color party collage?

Linda, my vote goes to the cool AIRY side too. I do LOVE your sweater though! That's the kind of thing I was talking about when we had the discussion on "cheating" on our FIRE colors. The sweater has that lovely FIRE blue but, also appears to have black, is that correct? If so, then black would be an ICE color paired with a FIRE color that looks great on a FIRE person. Thus, my idea of "cheating"???

Pam, I vote YES on all of your FIRE blues. I wish I could find a little more variety of my blue tops. They are all really similar in color but, I do have some for summer and some for fall/winter, so that gives me a little flexibility I guess.

Linda, my vote goes to the cool AIRY side too. I do LOVE your sweater though! That's the kind of thing I was talking about when we had the discussion on "cheating" on our FIRE colors. The sweater has that lovely FIRE blue but, also appears to have black, is that correct? If so, then black would be an ICE color paired with a FIRE color that looks great on a FIRE person. Thus, my idea of "cheating"???

I see what you mean, yes there is some black pebbled with the blue and gray. I do get a lot of compliments on it when I wear it. I wondered if I could get away with it.

Edited by snuggles

..... I have two orange tops. One I know is FIRE; it's just too bright and ORANGE not to be.. and the other might be Anita's. So, that should be funny pictures. One might be great, and one might be gray. I guess we'll see.

Orange and blue... aren't those Denver Bronco colors?!?...

Anyway, Linda, thank you for your kind sentiments. You know, this is fun for all of us. And once we see our pictures splashed all over the thread and do our initial tummy flips because of that... the rewards are so great that we get to see what happens when we wear our bestest of the bestest colors that it becomes so worth it. I'm "almost" immune to having my pics parade all over the place... I'm glad that we're helping you and that you're having fun doing it.

How did I miss all this conversation?

Linda, I'd love to see another C2 photo too. In your color party, I can see how it is just different enough from C1 and C3.

A hint for picture taking from Dad...right before you snap the shot, hold your breath, then push the button. It helps if you find that you keep taking blurry pictures. :)

Sorry all, was posting before I left to go visit my parents. That's my Sunday thing..do things for Mom that need done and catch up on the week with her and Dad..home now and all is well.

Anyway, the sun is slowly sinking and I know pics won't turn out, so I'll try to get the C2 top photo for you tomorrow some time.

Pam between you and Kim my blues are very cool looking:eek:, I'll keep looking for blues and greens.

As we wait for Linda's new C2 pic...

Here is my Teal & Aqua Color Party collage. The left pic is in natural sunlight, again taken at 8:30am with an east facing window full of streaming sunlight. The right pic is with fill flash.

P1060366-1.jpg

Descriptions:

A1 - Chico's Cyan

A2 - Chico's Cotton Tank

A3 - Chico's Nylon

A4 - Chico's Silk Sweater

B1 - Chico's Deep Emerald Cotton

B2 - Print

B3 - Spaghetti Strap

B4 - Chico's Cotton Tee

I tell you: I'm a walking advertisement for Chico's. I think the reason is that it was easy to shop there and the clothes go on terrific sales. I wish that I could remember the color names, but it's really not important because it wouldn't be that helpful... the color names change all the time and every change brings an ever so-slight variation of the tone or hue of the color. As we saw with Anita, even a slight variation will send a color from best to better...

I only have one top that I'm wondering if it's on the borderline. Otherwise, I think all of my blues, aqua and teal, are FIRE colors. I will also post a denim shirt that I use as an overshirt. Depending upon what happens with that pic, I may or may not fall out of love with that shirt.

I'm in the midst of deciding what to pack for the Caribbean cruise. It's a longer cruise so I have quite a few outfits to deal with... shore excursions... dining room evenings. Fun but stressful at the same time.

nejmzb.jpg.fegbhc.jpg

To my eye, the tank top is a perfect match to the color card. I also have to say that I like the effect of the tank top on your skin tone a lot better than the cowl neck sweater... now that I see them side-by-side. I think the clearer color provides you with a healthier glow, and the cowl neck sweater makes you appear less glow-y.

Well, other ladies can chime in... I think that the tank top is a keeper, keeper, keeper....

2h830as.jpg2j2hz07.jpgnejmzb.jpg.fegbhc.jpg

I did this for Anita because I know how busy she is today. This should help if she has a moment to spend on these boards.

The Cadmium Red has an "unfair advantage" because Linda was all dolled up for her dinner date! Honeydew and Blue Tank Top are holding their own in this party, for sure.

What do we think?

OK. Be careful here. You have take a photo out of context. Of course the tank looks way better than the sweater is these two photos...BUT...

If you go back and look at the photos of the tank and the cowl taken on the same day at the same time (p.51) ...there is not a noticeable difference between those two on that day. I'm not saying that the sweater is good or bad. I'm saying that you are comparing apples and oranges...

Tank definitely looks like a keeper...the verdict is now out on the sweater...

BUT...I wonder if that sweater is EARTH or AIR in the event that it IS muted... hmmmm...

Edited by Anita Latte

Anita,

Exactly!

So I'm wondering if we need to <gasp> ask Linda to take another picture in the cowl neck sweater! LOL! :D

Because Linda is ruthlessly going through her closet and getting rid of things and is just now launching into a dedicated effort to acquire FIRE.. I just don't want us to have come to a conclusion that would throw dirt (in the form of EARTH) or AIR (LOL) on her FIRE self...

That's my only point.

Edited by Member123
making myself laugh

Anita,

Exactly!

So I'm wondering if we need to <gasp> ask Linda to take another picture in the cowl neck sweater! LOL! :D

Because Linda is ruthlessly going through her closet and getting rid of things and is just now launching into a dedicated effort to acquire FIRE.. I just don't want us to have come to a conclusion that would throw dirt (in the form of EARTH) or AIR (LOL) on her FIRE self...

That's my only point.

I have a few min here at work. You two are such a hoot!!! In all fairness, I had mascara and eye shadow on today. I almost re-took (is that a word?) that sweater pic today, but ran out of time. If-big if- the sun cooperates I'll retake both with same lighting when I get home. It's turning out to be a really overcast day with rain in the forecast.

Edited by snuggles

Was late getting home tonight....Good grief, these are so large! Don't know what I did ..... anyway lighting is not good tonight. Cloud coverage is heavy. Flash and light in room, windows wide open! Both taken within minutes. Ignore my flush, that sweater is hot in 74 degree weather!!!! Anyway the blue in the sweater is extremely close if not a match to the blue tank. Don't know if it comes across though.

2yjynh1.jpg35ix11i.jpg

I'm deleting all these pics asap!