Surprise Shore Excursions Open

Nana G

While doing my usual check for price drops, I was most surprised to see the Sjore Excursions available on our personalizer. We are still 205 days out from sailing!!! Never have seen this at such an early date. Is this something new? I know the excursion pages are new but WOW! What a pleasant way to start the day!

Melody

The furthest out I can remember ever seeing excursions was about 170 days, so you're well beyond that. Our excursions for Australia/New Zealand have only been partially released (less than 10 available in each port so far) and we're only about 113 days from sailing.

Apparently when Princess revised the format of the Shore Excursion pages about 10 days ago they also opened up the bookings far in advance of the usual dates. OP's is at 205 days, ours was at 180 days, and there have been other posts to this effect in the last week. Don't yet know if this is an oversight and they will change it or if it is the new SOP.

After reading this thread I checked my personalizer. We are 224 days out and shore excursions are available. This is a case where I really love the fact that Princess doesn't charge when you pre-reserve as there is a chance we may not be able to make it on this cruise due to health concerns but we can still reserve shore excursions without worrying about paying now and getting a refund later.

I think the opening time for excursions really depends upon the itinerary. Our last two cruises (Eastern Carib last April and Western Carib for next April) both opened at 220 days. More exotic locations like the Med didn't open until 120 days. Has to do with supplier contracts.

While doing my usual check for price drops, I was most surprised to see the Sjore Excursions available on our personalizer. We are still 205 days out from sailing!!! Never have seen this at such an early date. Is this something new? I know the excursion pages are new but WOW! What a pleasant way to start the day!

Melody

From the comments of others who have experienced this they ended up closing again for a time. ;)

Thanks all. Was able to book and confirm the excursions I wanted so if they do close again I assume I will be safe in keeping the ones I have.

Maybe, maybe not.

Some have posted their booked excursions were no longer booked, so be sure to check that yours were kept when booking reopens.

Archived