Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

A special thank you to all who have responded after the proposal section of the review. I wish I could thank all of you individually but I have to go to work soon and whenever possible, get back to the review. There are a few not named here that I will respond to personally. Either because they asked a question or related something special I would like to respond to.

kerrytens

Litewait

99 cruiser

Upandadan

Spudder

djmaine

Jellytots

YB Nrml

pe4all

disneyden

ffmikey

Tamirpr

Mary Ellen1

Patrice1

Princesskiki

noel386

nurse who loves to cruise

MrsBlair

RotnKid49

Payd

smallworldtraveller

LDR

uirishtoo

poptart

soulsistah007

sharecruises

jerseygirl79

Naimi John

nothomeonacruise

Maabell4

PictureChris

2brattyboys

pjsgirl

dannymissy

pattimelt

rksmom

seafun

I have to say, this has made for the most wonderful reading, you are the most amazing story teller, and your pictures are amazing. I'm laid up six weeks recovering from foot surgery - and your review, and surprise proposal to your wife has made my day! Your wife is one lucky woman! Can't wait to read the rest of the story. Beautiful family.

Thank you steffaroonie, hope you get back on your feet soon.

Yes, we will have friends and family along. This story really has me thinking about doing something extremely special for my wife. She deserves it, as I am sure Tracy did. I also did the "lets go pick out a ring" thing.

Go for it and let us know when you get back.

Thank you so much for your story and review. We're sailing on the Valor over Christmas and have been on the Imagination and Destiny. Brought back some very nice memories. My husband asked me if I would take a break from college for him and whn I said I guess so, he said I guess we just need to get the ring now :) And 37 years later still going strong. We were at the drive in watching Mash and Patton... should have known... he was in the military and in Iraq on our 30th anniversary. We renewed our vows on our 31st on a beach in Mexico :) He said his own vows and I was so emotional I couldn't say a thing! Looking forward to pictures of your big day! Thank you again letting us share your beautiful experience!

Charlene

I can relate, saying our vows the second time around meant a lot more to us than the first time we exchanged them.

Pe4all That is LOL....

Princess KiKi That is so true. You can see Tracey and Mike both know how lucky they are to have each other just by the looks in their eyes.

Noel Guess what ???? I AM MAKING MY HUSBAND READ THIS WHOLE POST WITH PICTURES INCLUDED BECAUSE THAT MAKES THE STORY AND THEN I AM GOING TO TEST HIM OVER AND OVER ON WHAT HE LEARNED FROM IT!!!!! As you can see by my signature he has two chances coming up. The first one those one of the members of our CC group is ordained minister.

Mike keep it coming and we would love to hear from Tracey too. Get her on here Im sure we would love her just as much.

Thank you. Tracy just finished a 24 shift and she doing another one tomorrow. I will get her on sometimes today to say a few words.

I've loved this review, every morning I'm getting up extra early so I can read the next chapter before work! It's better then Coronation Street!!! :p

Mike, where in Wales do your in-laws come from?

Kim

Thank you Wirral Girlie. Tracy and her parents are from Pentyrch, near Cardiff.

A special thank you to all who have responded after the proposal section of the review. I wish I could thank all of you individually but I have to go to work soon and whenever possible, get back to the review. There are a few not named here that I will respond to personally. Either because they asked a question or related something special I would like to respond to.

kerrytens

Litewait

99 cruiser

Upandadan

Spudder

djmaine

Jellytots

YB Nrml

pe4all

disneyden

ffmikey

Tamirpr

Mary Ellen1

Patrice1

Princesskiki

noel386

nurse who loves to cruise

MrsBlair

RotnKid49

Payd

smallworldtraveller

LDR

uirishtoo

poptart

soulsistah007

sharecruises

jerseygirl79

Naimi John

nothomeonacruise

Maabell4

PictureChris

2brattyboys

pjsgirl

dannymissy

pattimelt

rksmom

seafun

OMG......I just read the proposal part and I'm sitting here in tears! What a WONDERFUL story teller you are! I, too, feel as though I'm sitting at the dinner table with you! As far as love goes, I always said that I never knew anyone that had what my Mom and Dad have. Well, now I can never say that again, because you guys certainly do!!! I would say that I wish you all the best, but you guys already have that! And guess what else you have???? A WHOLE BUNCH OF NEW FRIENDS!!!!! God Bess you and your beautiful family!

Whew! spent all day reading from page 1 as I forgot where I left off!

Fantastic pictures, couldn't wait for the proposal!!!

DH and got engaged similar way, basically a "let's get married" No ring, we were trying to buy a house and raise his kids from prior marriage. Bought 10K wedding rings because gold was sky high in 1983. Got married on a shoestring budget. Couldn't afford a photographer, had a friend take pics.

Fast forward to 2008 married 25 years. We decided to renew vows on Carnival Miracle. We had a dinner on our actual 25th (June 11) and did the renewal that September. At the dinner hubby surprised me with a multi-diamond anniversary band. I had two cakes made up, one with the original top to our wedding cake. We renewed on board and had decided to pay for a video of the ceremony. Ship photographer took some pics and long story short I now have a "professional" wedding album.

Not trying to steal Mike and Tracy's moments here, I'm just saying to any of you who love to cruise, renewing your vows on board is romantic and will give you life long memories of having done it.

Congratulations Mike and Tracy can't wait to see the renewal photos, it's bringing back so many memories!

Kathy

I've followed this review from the very beginning because of the Destiny ship, that I'll be on in November. Now that i've read this thread and suffice it to say, i'm in love with this family....I have to agree...this is the BEST review ever. You don't have to have a broad or extensive commentary to every day, as your pics have really told the story.

I have been married for 15 years and my DH and I are now (36,37) respectfully. I hope that we can continue to have the strong bond that I see you have with your wife and that as we age, we never take each other for granted. It would be wonderful to do a back-to-back or more like you, but i'm not sure my hubby would go for that!!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I'm amped and ready for the next installment too. I'm sure once it has come to a close, I'll be back in my bored state, as I follow reviews when they're lengthy, well written, and full of surprises. I've noticed that out of 4 back-to-backs, not ONE single complaint, which I'm sure I wrote a similar comment earlier in your review. Absolutely amazing!!!

Edited by 1timecruiser

I think so many of us have fallen in love with your family that we're going to have to cruise with you next time just to meet you guys :p

Thank you again for sharing your vacation with us. I don't want this thread to end. I'm almost not looking forward to the final leg of your journey because then I know it's almost over :(

The time has come, I make a toast to family and good friends and then I start telling everyone how I used to take Tracy for granted when we were dating or as Tracy would say when we were ‘courting’. How I never proposed to her and tonight I wanted to make things right.

I'm on break at work and I have tears rolling down my face. How absolutely beautiful. Love it!!!!

Mike - I think I can speak for all the men when I say - STOP IT!!! You are making all of us look really bad.

I thought I did good by surprising my wife with a cruise for her 40th B-day....but THIS is ridiculous. Every woman on here is giving their guy Hell....and it is ALL YOUR FAULT. :)

Now (if you must) get on with it and make us look even worse....

:)

• Haha 1

Thank you so much for sharing your story & photos with us. I'm not even sailing on any of these ships & i've been reading this thread from the begining. Tracy is very lucky & what a great example you have been for your children on how to treat a lady...