Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

We will be docking in same location, any idea of where the tree is? A basic direction to head from ship...that tree literally dwarfs Tracy-way cool

If I remember correctly I don't think you can miss it. We went down a residental street and came upon it. If by chance you don't find it ask a local.

If I remember correctly I don't think you can miss it. We went down a residental street and came upon it. If by chance you don't find it ask a local.

Thanks- I think I will screen capture photo and can ask then if cannot locate. We were in Key West last year and don't recall, but if you aren't looking..may miss the obvious

Oh, that first Key West sunrise picture is just stunning! I've been following your review and have really enjoyed it. We spent 3 days in KW after our Liberty cruise in Aug. and would love to go back.:)

Heather

Thank you SenatorsFan. I love Key West, hope to return soon.

Okay, so I'm all caught up....I have made a list of items to address/respond/comment on as I have been reading this.

First let me say to Mikey that I am loving his review and I really appreciate you and your family sharing it with us!

I can remember reading your original thread regarding you wanting to know about surprising your wife with a renewal. I can't remember if I commented or not. But I remember it, so now i feel relieved to know the happy ending.

I at first saw the picture of the towel animal and I thought it looked like a kamodo dragon. Then I thought it resembled a turtle with an extremely long neck. Then I thought maybe an anteater. Turns out i have no idea what it is...but I like the one posters comment about it being the elusive Carnival whatever they called it. That seems to fit...unless it is in fact a hybrid monkey-turtle-loch ness-dragon-anteater creature.

Mahogany Bay? Looks beautiful there. I'm not familliar with that port. I suppose I need to do some reading on that one. Anything i should be certain not to miss?

I love the Conquest ships....I love love love your pics of The Freedom. I seriously think she will be the next ship I book.

I noticed how you like chocalate..as you have tons of photos and mention it alot. Did I miss you mention your experience with the chocolate melting cake? As that is my absolute fave!!!!!!!!!!!! I always order 2 scoops of ice cream with it as 1 just is not quite enough lol.

As far as your family goes...beautiful! You certainly have put a lot of slacker men to shame on these boards, and hopefully you have inspired a few. My proposal happened pretty much the way your first one did...so kudos to you for making it right for your lovely bride!

so thanks again, i'm all caught up in one sitting with the exception of 2 restroom breaks.

I love your excellent adventure and cannot wait to read the rest! :)

Edited by Almost Packed

If you are ever in Maui, (Lahaina), check out the banyan tree there, it makes that one look like a baby. It is ablsolutely huge, someone told me it is the biggest one in North America. Not sure, but it is HUGE! :eek: I love them, and never tire of seeing them. So different from Vancouver's trees.

Fellow Canuck,

EMOSEWA:cool:

''We disembarked with Peter and Rosemary. The kids stayed in bed. In every port we gave them one wake up call, if they were not out of bed within 15 minutes, it was adios. Sometimes they would get mad at us when we got back, we would smile and just ignore their complaints.''

LOL I have a 21 yr old and it is the same thing here, trying to get him out of bed for something important or something we would like him to do with us is crazy. So i go the time change thing, if we need him up at 9 we tell him 8 and low and behold he crawls out of bed by 8 45. It works

We will see how this vacation to Cuba works this year at christmas, how early he crawls out of bed, no lets see how early he goes to bed. i foresee 3: 30 in morning.

yes and we just smile, do what we need and laugh. See its the same all over.

Pictures from KW look great and once again thank you for all your hard work on this review. PS are you on count down now till next cruise. 29 days for me. :)

Thank you, we are down to 78 days.

Off we went towards Mallory Square and then Duval Street. I love this place, it has a lot of character. The people are easy going, sometimes quirky, from the man who will tell you a dirty joke for a $1 to a woman pushing her dog in a baby stroller. It has an abundance of boutique shops, open-air bars, art galleries and sidewalk cafes. The streets are filled with trolleys, bicycles and mopeds as tourists crisscross the busy, well marked streets.

It wasn't long before we were enjoying (Kermit's) Key Lime Pie on a stick. We did some shopping (well the girls did). Peter and I enjoyed a beer (purchased on the street, $2.15 each) as we followed the girls from shop to shop.

Cruising2010376.jpg

Cruising2010384.jpg

026_26.jpg

A pirate coming down the street

064_64.jpg

Cute

Cruising2010377.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Eventually it was time for a break, we stopped at a place called Key West Cheeseburger.

Mostly to get refreshments but Rosemary was snackish and had to have Chili Cheese Fries. She loves her fries, calls them chips (British).

We all had cocktail drinks, Tracy had ‘ Trouble in cheeseburger’ and a ‘ Mai Tai’. Back home we maybe drink alcohol once a month so for Tracy this was a lot. We laughed so hard and had a really good time. Needless to say when we got back to the ship, she had to sleep it off.

052.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

:D

058.jpg

Cruising2010379.jpg

LOL at the dog in the stroller...a very very common thing to see everywhere in South Florida now....even in large malls

there is a local comedian who has a good joke

"Welcome to Boca, where they put their kids on leashes and their dogs in strollers"

Boca is bad enough...but Coconut Grove?? At the mall place there you barely saw a child but so many various dogs, in and out of strollers, wearing clothes...jimmy buffet shirts and sunglasses, urban wear hoodies, casual wear, a bulldog had on a nautical outfit LOL

all the restaurants there allow pets out on the patio dining

I saw a lovely gray poodle wearing a burgandy satin gown and sparkly necklace, she was perched on a chair at the pricey Italian restaurant there and happily being served at the table ...yum yum...LOL

I have also seen some cats in strollers!

LOL at the dog in the stroller...a very very common thing to see everywhere in South Florida now....even in large malls

"Welcome to Boca, where they put their kids on leashes and their dogs in strollers"

Boca is bad enough...but Coconut Grove?? At the mall place there you barely saw a child but so many various dogs, in and out of strollers, wearing clothes...jimmy buffet shirts and sunglasses, urban wear hoodies, casual wear, a bulldog had on a nautical outfit LOL

I saw a lovely gray poodle wearing a burgandy satin gown and sparkly necklace, she was perched on a chair at the pricey Italian restaurant there and happily being served at the table ...yum yum...LOL

This just made my day! I know it's true, but thanks for the laugh. In my neighbourhood we used to see a guy who walked around with a cat on his shoulder. No cat I've ever had would have put up with that.:)

Heather

Okay, so I'm all caught up....I have made a list of items to address/respond/comment on as I have been reading this.

First let me say to Mikey that I am loving his review and I really appreciate you and your family sharing it with us!

Thank you

I can remember reading your original thread regarding you wanting to know about surprising your wife with a renewal. I can't remember if I commented or not. But I remember it, so now i feel relieved to know the happy ending.

I at first saw the picture of the towel animal and I thought it looked like a kamodo dragon. Then I thought it resembled a turtle with an extremely long neck. Then I thought maybe an anteater. Turns out i have no idea what it is...but I like the one posters comment about it being the elusive Carnival whatever they called it. That seems to fit...unless it is in fact a hybrid monkey-turtle-loch ness-dragon-anteater creature.

Princesskiki's Carnivaloptipus. Love it.

Mahogany Bay? Looks beautiful there. I'm not familliar with that port. I suppose I need to do some reading on that one. Anything i should be certain not to miss?

We had everything we wanted in port, shops and beach. Maybe someone else can comment on what's not to miss outside the area.

I love the Conquest ships....I love love love your pics of The Freedom. I seriously think she will be the next ship I book.

I noticed how you like chocalate..as you have tons of photos and mention it alot. Did I miss you mention your experience with the chocolate melting cake? As that is my absolute fave!!!!!!!!!!!! I always order 2 scoops of ice cream with it as 1 just is not quite enough lol.

Chocolate, Tracy's favorite food. We both had the chocolate melting cake a few times and we loved it, but at the same time we like trying different desserts. My favorite was the ' Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry'

As far as your family goes...beautiful! You certainly have put a lot of slacker men to shame on these boards, and hopefully you have inspired a few. My proposal happened pretty much the way your first one did...so kudos to you for making it right for your lovely bride!

so thanks again, i'm all caught up in one sitting with the exception of 2 restroom breaks.

I love your excellent adventure and cannot wait to read the rest! :)

Thank you.

If you are ever in Maui, (Lahaina), check out the banyan tree there, it makes that one look like a baby. It is ablsolutely huge, someone told me it is the biggest one in North America. Not sure, but it is HUGE! :eek: I love them, and never tire of seeing them. So different from Vancouver's trees.

Fellow Canuck,

EMOSEWA:cool:

Checked it out on line, :eek:. Ever since we started watching the new Hawaii Five O , I've been telling Tracy we have to go there.:)

We returned to the ship. Tracy, Peter and Rosemary took a nap. I roamed the ship, until it was time to wake them up for dinner.

Cruising2010385.jpg

Cruising2010386.jpg

Cruising2010387.jpg

View of the port, from the ship.

061.jpg

062.jpg

Buffetfan 225, you asked how to get to the banyan tree. In the photo below, as you exit the pier, continue straight through between those trees and the Banyan tree is a short distance on your right.

063.jpg

First time I had seen one, from now on I'll be more likely to be looking inside strollers.