Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

So I see Arielle and Mitch finally got up!:p When my kids cruised with us they were 16 & 18. Same thing happened, they wouldn't roll out of bed till late afternoon, by then DH & I were ready for a nap. Good thing we didn't share a room with them. They're 21 & 23 now, off to college for the youngest & the oldest is in the Peace Corp in Africa just starting a 2 + year stint. That was the last family vacay for us. Great memories, so sad it won't ever be that way again. Enjoy your kids while you can, even when they're "naughty". Tell them you love them all the time, even if they just roll their eyes.

Now I have to go to Key West, the pics are fab! You just keep on coming through with page after page of an awesome review. Thanks again for all your time & effort. We so appreciate it.

At 8:00 p.m. we went to the International Lounge for some Karaoke with Kim. It was so much fun, Kim is hilarious and entertaining. He's always dancing in the background, jumping in at times to accompany a singer or singers. He's the best, worth going to karaoke just to see him, he's also very good singer.

Tracy belting out a song. Really getting into it!

Cruising2010396.jpg

Cruising2010398.jpg

Arielle's turn at the mike.

Cruising2010393.jpg

Cruising2010394.jpg

Kim doing a solo.

Cruising2010395.jpg

More karaoke

Cruising2010399.jpg

Cruising2010400.jpg

There's Kim. :D

Cruising2010401.jpg

After Karaoke we went to the Victoriana Lounge for ' Jump, Jive & Wail' with the Freedom Dancers and the vocals of Lisa Reddings and Alan Swadener. Good show but not the same caliber as the shows we saw later on in the week. This show did not have the elaborate backgrounds, props and costumes we were used to seeing on all the other ships.

Coming up on Thursday, 'ticket to ride' a beatles tribute, the best show I've seen on all our cruises.

Just curious about karaoke....is Tracy a good singer or does she just like to sing? Or both? I'm a fairly outgoing person, and I'm a decent singer (can carry a tune and I don't sound terrible), but I've never had the nerve to get up there and do that in front of strangers! I even sang a solo in my senior play (Grease!), but somehow, karaoke is different. It looks fun, but I don't know....just can't imagine! :) Your family really seems to enjoy it. Do you ever get up there and sing?

The rocks sticking out in the Ft. Lauderdale beach picture is called the Jetty. We used to go there when I was a child.

The Key West pictures are great. We have banyan trees in my area. I'm like the other poster in that I haven't been to Key West in years. It sort of looks respectable now. (I'm kidding, but it used to have a "reputation")

Wonderful review!

So I see Arielle and Mitch finally got up!:p When my kids cruised with us they were 16 & 18. Same thing happened, they wouldn't roll out of bed till late afternoon, by then DH & I were ready for a nap. Good thing we didn't share a room with them. They're 21 & 23 now, off to college for the youngest & the oldest is in the Peace Corp in Africa just starting a 2 + year stint. That was the last family vacay for us. Great memories, so sad it won't ever be that way again. Enjoy your kids while you can, even when they're "naughty". Tell them you love them all the time, even if they just roll their eyes.

Your right, When I think about it I don't tell them enough. :o

Now I have to go to Key West, the pics are fab! You just keep on coming through with page after page of an awesome review. Thanks again for all your time & effort. We so appreciate it.

Thank you. :)

Just curious about karaoke....is Tracy a good singer or does she just like to sing? Or both?

I might be bias but I think she's a good singer. :)

I'm a fairly outgoing person, and I'm a decent singer (can carry a tune and I don't sound terrible), but I've never had the nerve to get up there and do that in front of strangers! I even sang a solo in my senior play (Grease!), but somehow, karaoke is different. It looks fun, but I don't know....just can't imagine! :) Your family really seems to enjoy it. Do you ever get up there and sing?

Arielle and Mitchel sings. I do not. I'm terrible. I'll tell you a little story, when I was in grade two I was in my class choir (every student had to be). My teacher told me and one other boy to just move our lips. Ouch!

I bet you have noticed that everyone who goes up to sing are always well received no matter if they are good or mediocre. What you could do is to get a karaoke machine and practice at home. We have two machines at home and sometimes I come home from work to find Tracy singing by herself. :)

Checked it out on line, :eek:. Ever since we started watching the new Hawaii Five O , I've been telling Tracy we have to go there.:)

Mike and Tracy still loving this review, but I did notice your comment about Hawaii......and......we have an awesome CC group cruise doing the SanDiego R/T 15 day Hawaii in April 2012 We would love for you to join us even if the kiddies had to stay in school you two could have a little get away.

The rocks sticking out in the Ft. Lauderdale beach picture is called the Jetty. We used to go there when I was a child.

The Key West pictures are great. We have banyan trees in my area. I'm like the other poster in that I haven't been to Key West in years. It sort of looks respectable now. (I'm kidding, but it used to have a "reputation")

Wonderful review!

Thank you

i'm still hanging in...considering sending the link to this review for dh to read....also, i have to mark my spot so that I can easily come back to the last post read here lol...

still loving the review...and eagerly waiting....more more more! :)

Thank you Almost Packed

Love the Beatles!

Looking forward to your review on Ticket to Ride. We're leaving for the Freedom tomorrow!

I won't be getting to that part of the review before you leave. Just don't miss it, it was really good. Have a wonderful cruise.

SO true, YB Nrml! Mine are 18 and 21. Time goes by so fast!

Mike and Tracy still loving this review, but I did notice your comment about Hawaii......and......we have an awesome CC group cruise doing the SanDiego R/T 15 day Hawaii in April 2012 We would love for you to join us even if the kiddies had to stay in school you two could have a little get away.

Wow, looks really good. Wish we could commit now but we can't, because of Tracy's career. If we can I would love to go. Thank you.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Have really enjoyed seeing the variety of ships that you have been on. We have only travelled on Conquest class and the Dream. Question? Did you find the older ships more tired. I am not fussy about things being super posh, but a like nice fresh, clean hotel rooms etc., and would probably be disappointed if a ship I was on didn't feel this way. By the way, nice that this review is being done by a fellow New Brunswicker. Only been to Caraquet once, but really enjoyed it. We used to live in Dalhouse, but now in Woodstock.

Just curious about karaoke....is Tracy a good singer or does she just like to sing? Or both? I'm a fairly outgoing person, and I'm a decent singer (can carry a tune and I don't sound terrible), but I've never had the nerve to get up there and do that in front of strangers! I even sang a solo in my senior play (Grease!), but somehow, karaoke is different. It looks fun, but I don't know....just can't imagine! :) Your family really seems to enjoy it. Do you ever get up there and sing?

Go for it. A lot who sing can't even carry a tune. They are like me and love to sing. I sing so bad, Iv never gotten up, but many people who cant carry a tune sing too lol. We often say many people need to drink a few before getting up. Good singing isnt required. You will probably be a stand out.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Have really enjoyed seeing the variety of ships that you have been on. We have only travelled on Conquest class and the Dream. Question? Did you find the older ships more tired. I am not fussy about things being super posh, but a like nice fresh, clean hotel rooms etc., and would probably be disappointed if a ship I was on didn't feel this way. By the way, nice that this review is being done by a fellow New Brunswicker. Only been to Caraquet once, but really enjoyed it. We used to live in Dalhouse, but now in Woodstock.

I think the older ships look fabulous. Ecstasy after the month long dry dock couldnt have looked better. Triumph some thought looked tired, but it will be dry docked next year ... so maybe what makes the difference is how long out of dry dock the ship is?