Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

At 5:45 p.m, the adults attended the past guest party. We were joined later by the kids, after they had heard about the hor d’oeuvres and the non-alcoholic drinks that are generally served during the party.

We sat in the back of the Victoriana Lounge, in one of the wider aisles. As luck would have it, these wider aisles are frequently used by the waiters to get from one end of the theatre to the other. In other words, a considerable amount of drinks and hor d’oeuvres going by us every minute.

In all I had about 10 drinks while Tracy had 3 in a little over a hour. They were small but tasty, I really enjoyed the Whiskey Sours and the Melon Balls. Tracy was also drinking Melon Balls and feeling pretty good.

Will you stop taking my picture. It's time to go.

Cruising2010479.jpg

Sorry, can't help myself. :rolleyes:

Cruising2010480.jpg

LOL!!!! TOOOO CUTE!!!!

GREAT review of all your B2B cruises!!!

WONDERFUL! :D

SOOOOOO looking forward to my family and I cruising in 1 month! our first 8 night criuse!!!!

This was our second elegant night in the dining room, we all dressed up for one last time. Unfortunately, Arielle was not feeling well and left before the meal. She was okay when we checked on her later.

As usual, I had difficulty choosing something off the menu, everything always looked so good.

Even after 20 days at sea, there were a lot of items I hadn’t tried yet. I actually skipped dessert in the dining room, because I wanted to save some room for Fat Carrot Cake, from the Viennese Café.

I took a lot of photographs because everyone looked so happy.:D

Cruising2010482.jpg

Cruising2010483.jpg

Cruising2010484.jpg

Cruising2010485.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

You most certainly can SAIL off into the sunset...either way it is a beautiful thing. BTW, the second photo of your original wedding has such an old world European charm to it and is so lovely that I cannot find the words. I think that you and Tracy are probably the envy of every couple on CC in more ways than one. May you always be as blessed as you are today.

Thanks again SailBabySail

Mike and Tracy,,,my first reply was all the way back on page 3 but I've never lost interest. Fantastic pictures, great stories!!:) Celebrating my 30th anniversary on an Alaskan cruise next June,,,the planning has gotten more complicated because of your thread.;) I'll let you know what surprises I have in store once I get the plans settled,,,,thanks for the inspiration!!:D

Thank you willydoit, it's been almost a month since I started this thread, happy you are enjoying it. Please do let us know whar your surprise will be.

At 5:45 p.m, the adults attended the past guest party. We were joined later by the kids, after they had heard about the hor d’oeuvres and the non-alcoholic drinks that are generally served during the party.

We sat in the back of the Victoriana Lounge, in one of the wider aisles. As luck would have it, these wider aisles are frequently used by the waiters to get from one end of the theatre to the other. In other words, a considerable amount of drinks and hor d’oeuvres going by us every minute.

In all I had about 10 drinks while Tracy had 3 in a little over a hour. They were small but tasty, I really enjoyed the Whiskey Sours and the Melon Balls. Tracy was also drinking Melon Balls and feeling pretty good.

Will you stop taking my picture. It's time to go.

Cruising2010479.jpg

Sorry, can't help myself. :rolleyes:

Cruising2010480.jpg

Is that the back view of the renewal dress? When you proposed at dinner table-was that a different white dress too? I saw bling on shoulder straps and looked like a lovely dress.

BTW--tracy is very good at doing various hairstyles-mine resemble the pony tail and clip on style she sports on shore excursions, never as good as "formal ones" she does. A talented lady.

I just wanted to echo everyone's heartfelt thank you's for a wonderful review. I especially want to thank you for all your responses to everyone! It is amazing that you have taken the time to write such a beautiful story for everyone to enjoy and take that one step further to thank everyone for their responses! You are a very special person.... and it is easy to see and feel the love you and your family enjoy!

We leave in 60 days for our Christmas cruise on the Valor. this review has made the wait easier to handle.

Thank you :)

Charlene

Karmen, this is not Mike. Just thought you might appreciate some opinions/suggestions from others too. It never hurts to hear about different options.

SAS will pick up from FLL or your hotel. SAS is a shared ride unless your party is large enough to take up all the seats. However, from the info you provided, it sounds like you are coming in a day or more early. If that is the case, may I suggest renting a car. That way you will have transportation until the day of your cruise.

You can rent a car at FLL and return the car to a location either at MIA or a location near the port. Some car rentals have complimentary shuttles to the port.

MISS-all information would be great. we are planning to 1 day ahead, and maybe 2 days after. wasn't sure if we could drop the car off at the port... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!:D

Seriously Mike, excellent review, and what a great way to surprise you wife.

I just might steal the idea one day. :D

I hope you enjoy your next sailing, and I hope we enjoy our next cruise, half as much as you guys seemed to enjoy your trip.

daze

Thank you daze6399, I bet we all hope you do surprise your wife some day.

As we are nearing the end of 'our' mega b2b2b2b cruise, I feel the need to again thank Mike and family for taking us along on the journey. I am really going to miss this thread once the review is finally finished:(

I may have to start a countdown clock just to keep track of their next cruise - need to be ready for the review!

Awesome job! And thanks again:D

Thanks kerrytens, I'm happy and sad it's coming to an end, I've really enjoyed doing it but it has taken up a lot of my free time and I think Tracy is starting to get annoyed.

Here it is:

Just my thoughts about making your cruise a pleasant experience...

Pull out that childlike awe and playfulness buried deep inside you, plan well before you cruise, choose your stateroom carefully, don't let small inconveniences upset you, explore new adventures, try new foods, talk with total strangers, participate, let yourself go and you will enjoy yourself. Be realistic about your cruise expectations, nothing is perfect, things do happen. If you cruise with a sense of entitlement, you will be disappointed. Pack your humor, imagination, childlike curiosity, flexibility and your brain. Leave your negativity and bad attitude home.

Someone will be cleaning up after you all week, making your bed, delivering room service, cooking all your food and washing all your dishes, leaving cute towel animals to greet you, dazzle you with shows and demonstrations, then transport you to exotic ports of call.

I follow my own suggestions whenever I cruise and ALWAYS have a great time.

Mike this is sooo true! This is how we look at things too!!! The best way too!!!

The best thing to me is I am not cleaning, cooking, making my bed, etc.......!!!!!

Relaxing and having fun in beautiful places with the people I love most in this world!!!! :D

We can all thank Rosie for reminding us what's important to bring along on a vacation.

Is that the back view of the renewal dress?

YES

When you proposed at dinner table-was that a different white dress too?

YES

I saw bling on shoulder straps and looked like a lovely dress.

BTW--tracy is very good at doing various hairstyles-mine resemble the pony tail and clip on style she sports on shore excursions, never as good as "formal ones" she does. A talented lady.

She said for me to say Thank You.

Still keeping up with your thread. This thread has made me look at my husband in a different light. I realize I don't say "I love you" enough, and that I sometimes take him for granted. Our marriage (27 years, but we have known each other since 7th grade- so that is 40 years!) is very much like yours. He is the most wonderful man I have ever met, and is my best friend. I just made up my mind that I am going to surprise him on our next cruise with a massage, and steakhouse dinner. (I will wait till our 30th to renew our vows.) Thanks again for reminding me how much I love him!

I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful review with wonderful pictures:) I think you'll love the Pride....the Spirit class are beautiful ships!! Will you be doing another review with pictures?? Hope so...we've sailed her before but will be on her again next April:)

Is that the back view of the renewal dress? When you proposed at dinner table-was that a different white dress too? I saw bling on shoulder straps and looked like a lovely dress.

I wanted to add a few more words concerning this post, I love it when she curls her hair and when we wears a white dress (favourite colour). I would tease her tho, depending on how much she would curl her hair. That night she was my Marilyn Monroe but other nights I would tell her she looked like Shirley Temple and she would tone it down. :D

I just wanted to echo everyone's heartfelt thank you's for a wonderful review. I especially want to thank you for all your responses to everyone! It is amazing that you have taken the time to write such a beautiful story for everyone to enjoy and take that one step further to thank everyone for their responses! You are a very special person.... and it is easy to see and feel the love you and your family enjoy!

We leave in 60 days for our Christmas cruise on the Valor. this review has made the wait easier to handle.

Thank you :)

Charlene

Thank you again, Charlene, have a wonderful Christmas cruise on the Valor.

Still keeping up with your thread. This thread has made me look at my husband in a different light. I realize I don't say "I love you" enough, and that I sometimes take him for granted. Our marriage (27 years, but we have known each other since 7th grade- so that is 40 years!) is very much like yours. He is the most wonderful man I have ever met, and is my best friend. I just made up my mind that I am going to surprise him on our next cruise with a massage, and steakhouse dinner. (I will wait till our 30th to renew our vows.) Thanks again for reminding me how much I love him!

I’m overwhelmed and very happy that my thread has inspired readers in doing something special for themselves and others. I never imagined when I started this thread that I would influence others to propose to their wives again, renew their vows, try the chef’s table or steakhouse, join a gym, etc.

Thank you, pe4all

Mike...I can't beleive this review will be ending soon:( So tell us that by the time you've finished posting your last picture, you're boarding on your next B2B2B2B :)

I wish it was another B2B2B2B, but I will happily settle for a 7 day cruise on the Pride. :)

I wanted to thank you again for a wonderful review with wonderful pictures:) I think you'll love the Pride....the Spirit class are beautiful ships!! Will you be doing another review with pictures?? Hope so...we've sailed her before but will be on her again next April:)

Absolutely, this has been way too much fun not to do it again. Thanks jbhcw.

I wanted to add a few more words concerning this post, I love it when she curls her hair and when we wears a white dress (favourite colour). I would tease her tho, depending on how much she would curl her hair. That night she was my Marilyn Monroe but other nights I would tell her she looked like Shirley Temple and she would tone it down. :D

I love white dresses too-wish had a better photo of one you proposed in.

My DH "teases' the same way. Another romantic like you with a sense of humor. as a result -"I'll fix that wagon" as they say--he can't comment when its in a ponytail ;).

I like the analogy of Marilyn Monroe- and on a cruise ship dresses can fly up like the famous scene!

Hi Mike,

I just stumbled upon your thread yesterday and have been reading avidly ever since. Like so many others have expressed, I am LOVING reading you and your family's story. I'm only getting up to the renewal part now, but I just couldn't help myself, I had to post something! I can't wait to get back to it (work? what's work?).

Can I also mention something else I've noticed? Considering the length of this thread and the many responses you've received, I am sooooo impressed that you have essentially responded to every single comment others have posted to you (whether individually or as a group). I think this says A LOT about the fabulous type of person you are (as if we didn't already know that, considering all that you did for your lovely wife and your love for her:)).

Best wishes to you and your entire family and enjoy your cruise next year! Good luck to Tracy in her new career!

Anastazia

PS - I also agree with other posters who have mentioned how attractive your wife is, but let me chime in with YOU'RE HOT TOO :p (Congrats Tracy!)!!