Cafe Caribe

toberman

Leave the square brackets [ ] and everything inside them at the beginning and end of the quote... then simply delete anything you don't want to copy from the message. Make sure those square brackets remain. Preview Post will show if you got it right.

Thanks very much. I would have never worked that out :eek:

We did any time dining this time, as last time we used fixed dining we missed a lot of shoes.

We dined in the MDR a few times and met some great people but it did span several hours.

We then discovered Cafe Caribe and used it lots as we did a lot of bar hops to catch lots of entertainment. Food normally very good, although some busy periods. Some people still in shorts, but we felt fine in smart casual.

Steve

Can't locate Cafe Caribe and wonder where it is? It isn't listed on Diamond or any other ship after a quick scan anyway.

The Cafe Caribe is aft of the Horizon Court (on the Lido Deck) on the Crown, Caribbean, Emerald and Ruby- I think those are the only ships currently with the Cafe Caribe.

Thanks, Diamond is getting MUTS in Oct early Nov so may get it then. Most of the work will be done at sea I would guess.

No, it will not get the Cafe Caribe. The ships that have it were designed for that extra space top handle the extra passengers. It cannot be retrofitted onto older ships.

However, the regular buffet in the evenings will often have the theme nights on ships that do not have Cafe Caribe.

OK, Thanks. woud rather have the Cafe than the noise. Why do the cruise lines think we want noise from 9 AM-1AM? No wonder kids have ADD. Has anyone ever been where it's quiet? I lived out West on 2 different ranches where some days you didnt see a jet contrail, hear a train, see a car, truck or any other conveyence and you could hear your own heart.

Once I heard dog bark 50 miles away so I moved.:rolleyes:

OK, Thanks. woud rather have the Cafe than the noise. Why do the cruise lines think we want noise from 9 AM-1AM? No wonder kids have ADD. Has anyone ever been where it's quiet? I lived out West on 2 different ranches where some days you didnt see a jet contrail, hear a train, see a car, truck or any other conveyence and you could hear your own heart.

Once I heard dog bark 50 miles away so I moved.:rolleyes:

You must be traumatized by being packed in with 3,000 people with nowhere to go. ;)

The thing we liked about Cafe Carib was the quiet. We picked tables with really great ocean views, ordered a bottle of wine and treated the evening like date night. Each course is selected by us, eaten at our own pace and enjoyed completely. Our favorite dish has been crab claws. They were more tender and tasty than the tails at the MDR, IMHO. I might add, the service has been terrific. Since it isn't so busy, wait staff have the time to chat. That gives the experience a more personalized feel. Our next cruise will be on a ship without Cafe Carib. We are going to miss it.

Cafe Caribe is fine for one of those evenings you can't be bothered to sit through a full, served meal. One evening, I'm sure I saw a full roasting pig in there :confused:

Was he dining, or was he just passing through on his way to the lounge chairs (get it? Chair hog? Hello, is this thing on?)?

The thing we liked about Cafe Carib was the quiet. We picked tables with really great ocean views, ordered a bottle of wine and treated the evening like date night. Each course is selected by us, eaten at our own pace and enjoyed completely. Our favorite dish has been crab claws. They were more tender and tasty than the tails at the MDR, IMHO. I might add, the service has been terrific. Since it isn't so busy, wait staff have the time to chat. That gives the experience a more personalized feel. Our next cruise will be on a ship without Cafe Carib. We are going to miss it.

I'm definitely not a buffet person and yet I have to say that your description made it sound incredibly inviting. Princess should get you to write the brochure copy for their page on the HC/Cafe Caribe.

We did any time dining this time, as last time we used fixed dining we missed a lot of shoes.

Didn't realize they served shoes in the Anytime Dining rooms; will have to try them on the next cruise. Would they be for appetizers or main course? (Hmm - which would be better, tennis shoes, walking shoes, high heels . . . . . ). ;) :p

One evening, I'm sure I saw a full roasting pig in there :confused:

You're not losing your mind; this is from the Crown Princess Cafe Caribe in Sept., 2010. Couldn't resist taking this picture.

Wonder if they've got a little pen of pigs down in the belly of the ship???

DSC06066.jpg.6fdb7393b854b2b7986fa89e7e5d108d.jpg

Was he dining, or was he just passing through on his way to the lounge chairs (get it? Chair hog? Hello, is this thing on?)?

Thanks, I got it! :D Now I just have to clean my tea off my laptop screen. :eek:

Just a note.... although the Cafe Caribe has "theme" nights the menu is not limited to just themed items. As in the MD you will always find other choices. I also recommend that one "walks" the serving line first before picking up a plate and starting to put food on it. The order of things can be a little screwy such as shrimp coctail being at the end rather than the beginning.

You're not losing your mind; this is from the Crown Princess Cafe Caribe in Sept., 2010. Couldn't resist taking this picture.

Wonder if they've got a little pen of pigs down in the belly of the ship???

Eeewww!! Does it have to look so much like a.....a......a pig? (or half a pig) And why is it smiling? :(

He was in there trying to lose a few kilos of body fat before braving the sundecks. ;)

Archived