Solo Travel on Azamara

SantaAna,CA

Hi, everyone, I am a cruiser who has loved Seabourn, and traveled with them solo several times. I also love formal nights, but I understand Azamara does not have them. My question is, has anyone sailed solo with them and what was your impression? I was looking at a Celebrity cruise with a great itinerary, but I don't think I can handle a 2,000 passenger ship. Seabourn does tend to spoil you! Unfortunately I've been priced off their ships. That single supplement...ouch!

I am a scuba diver and keep myself busy during the day. I was just wondering about dining. Can you show up and be put at a table with other people in the dining room? I enjoy meeting new people.

Thanks for any opinions!

Jane

Hi Jane - I always travel solo and have been on the Journey and am going on the Quest in January to Asia. I love the small ship experieince having travelled on the large and the small solo. I did not miss the formal nights but always pack I nice cocktail dress to "pretend" that it's formal. Az is my favorite cruise line. I found that if I am active on the Roll Calls from CC, it helps to meet new friends and have many didning companions. I am not shy and make friends easily so no issues with travelling alone. I love to pre-plan the shore excursions and that helps with meeting folks.

Do not fear .... AZ is "solo" friendly!

I am traveling alone on 3 Azamara cruises.. All tree RC's are dead including the Cmas one. hard to make friends if no one posts.. i just want to eat with people at dinner. i will use the spec restaurants too... then i do ont mind being alone..

I generally cruise solo and have always loved Celebrity (their smaller ships though). This will be my first AZ cruise and I am actually travelling with another "solo" who I met whilst cruising. Now we cruise together when we can but as she is in the US and I'm in the UK we would still travel solo if either couldn't make a cruise. I will be happy to post a review on my return from the Quest in late October.

Archived