Okay, should over 50 wear dresses about their knees?

Gingee

Okay, I am over 50 (56-shhhh). I wear around a size 6 in pants. The stomach is not flat like it use to be. I bought a sundress on clearance the other day for next spring/summer. It is has wide black straps and is high waisted. It comes a little above my wrinkly knees. Does this sound like a length for someone my age to stay away from?

I think we older women look great in dresses just to our knee or maybe an inch above. When I see an older woman in a too short dress, all I think of is that she is trying to look 20 years younger than she is.

I don't want to look dowdy or matronly, but trying to look 35 at this age makes a person look a bit silly. I have no problem with my age (57) and embrace it, I don't care to turn back the years.

I also wear my shorts to the top of my knees now as well...I leave the shorter ones for the younger women. If they are lucky they will eventually have to consider longer shorts/skirts too ;)

I think that if you are petite, a dress that hits just below the knees can look kind of frumpy (obviously depends on the style). I usually get my dresses hemmed so that they hit at the thinner part of the leg above the knee when you look at the side (maybe two inches above the knee?).

Okay, I am over 50 (56-shhhh). I wear around a size 6 in pants. The stomach is not flat like it use to be. I bought a sundress on clearance the other day for next spring/summer. It is has wide black straps and is high waisted. It comes a little above my wrinkly knees. Does this sound like a length for someone my age to stay away from?

Why does age even have to come into play! As long as you like it, feel great in it and look good, then wear it! Age is just a number!:)

Archived