Spirits on Board

geordiebing

They keep it until the afternoon of the day before disembarkation...except sometimes on a b/b where it is brought to your cabin on the afternoon of the day before the end of your first segment. Now naturally when that happens I send it back to the duty free shop.:rolleyes:

They keep it until the afternoon of the day before disembarkation...except sometimes on a b/b where it is brought to your cabin on the afternoon of the day before the end of your first segment. Now naturally when that happens I send it back to the duty free shop.:rolleyes:

:D Can't be doing with all those bottles cluttering up the cabin.

what if you purchased a bottle in the shop on board,do they keep it till departure

There's a difference between bottles of liquor purchased in the onboard duty-free shop (which are held until the day before disembarkation) and bottles purchased through Princess Cellars for enjoying in your cabin throughout the cruise. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Caro

There's a difference between bottles of liquor purchased in the onboard duty-free shop (which are held until the day before disembarkation) and bottles purchased through Princess Cellars for enjoying in your cabin throughout the cruise. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Caro

The big difference being the price. :D

Take along your own bottle in your checked luggage & you'll be fine.

I know that your not supposed to take Spirits on board but they may turn a blind eye to one bottle , but what if you purchased a bottle in the shop on board,do they keep it till departure

I agree the bottles purchased onboard will be held until the last full day of the cruise.

How do I get a whole case of wine into a rumrunner?

With great difficulty.:D However, you can take a whole case of wine aboard without a problem so you won't have to go to the trouble.

But the op question related to spirits and yes the Rum Runner product is a great one, we have used it a lot.

With great difficulty.:D However, you can take a whole case of wine aboard without a problem so you won't have to go to the trouble.

But the op question related to spirits and yes the Rum Runner product is a great one, we have used it a lot.

I have a lightweight wooden box that holds a 1.75L plastic bottle of Vodka. The glass bottles I just wrap, put in a ziplock and place it well in the center of my duffel bags. Never had a problem.

But, wine - when you buy a case from Total Wine and place it with your checked stuff, what prevents the bottles from breaking. If liquor bottles will break even in your checked luggage why won't an entire case of wine break?

I have a lightweight wooden box that holds a 1.75L plastic bottle of Vodka. The glass bottles I just wrap, put in a ziplock and place it well in the center of my duffel bags. Never had a problem.

But, wine - when you buy a case from Total Wine and place it with your checked stuff, what prevents the bottles from breaking. If liquor bottles will break even in your checked luggage why won't an entire case of wine break?[/quote]

There is no need to put an entire case of wine into your checked luggage. You are allowed to take wine, champagne, bottled water and soda on board. No need to hide it in your checked luggage. Total Wine has protective "sleeves" that slip over the bottles to prevent brekage. Just tell them you're going to be taking it on board a cruise ship.

Have Total Wine box & tape it up for you, get a luggage tag for it at the pier and send it on board WITH your checked luggage to be delivered to your cabin later, or simpy carry it on yourself! We just carry our on board with us! :)

But, wine - when you buy a case from Total Wine and place it with your checked stuff, what prevents the bottles from breaking. If liquor bottles will break even in your checked luggage why won't an entire case of wine break?[/quote]

There is no need to put an entire case of wine into your checked luggage. You are allowed to take wine, champagne, bottled water and soda on board. No need to hide it in your checked luggage. Total Wine has protective "sleeves" that slip over the bottles to prevent brekage. Just tell them you're going to be taking it on board a cruise ship.

Have Total Wine box & tape it up for you, get a luggage tag for it at the pier and send it on board WITH your checked luggage to be delivered to your cabin later, or simpy carry it on yourself! We just carry our on board with us! :)

And if the entire box is dropped some distance onto concrete nothing will break? Yet a glass bottle well packed in the center of my luggage will break if dropped?

We arrive the day before the cruise. I find a store that sells beer we put 3 12pks in our checked bags and it has always made it to the cabin. Keep the beer in the 12 pks. I put cans in one time and I was doing Laundry the following day as one can burst from the handling.

I've never heard that beer isn't allowed. We often take a 6 pack or buy it in a port. Never been challenged. :p

Neither have I and I remember the first time a visual search was done on my carry on....thought I was busted for sure...but no problem.

Archived