Can't Pre-book specialty restaurants?

Tripper10

So our Holland America cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 7th won't let anyone pre-book specialty restaurants. Apparently, a group pre-booked all the specialties for all 7 days...sounds fair to me. I wish we made other choices now as far as a cruise goes. Anyone heard of this type of action before?

Here is one group booking for that cruise...

Northwest Anesthesia Seminars, Inc.

Continuing Education for the Medical Professional

Presents

Clinical Anesthesia Update

7-Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

November 7-14, 2010

THE SHIP - MS Nieuw Amsterdam

We ran into the same issue on a X cruise that we had scheduled for 12/5/10--all 3 of their specialty restaurants were pre-booked by large groups for the entire cruise. So, we cancelled the X cruise and booked the same week on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Not being able to dine in the specialty restaurants was definitely a deal-breaker for X for us. I can understand booking out the restaurant to a group for one night, but the entire week is just too much!

They have pre-booked the whole week for Pinnacle and Tamarind? :eek:

That's not good and shouldn't be permitted IMO

I don't think this is true. We are booked in Pinnacle and Tamarind. I booked these weeks ago and I double checked with HAL last week. Our reservations are just fine. So unless HAL tells me differently, we will be eating at each of these restaurants. Perhaps the op just now called to book and all the reservations are full????

It can happen!!

In 2008 I had made reservations for the Pinnacle Grill on the Eurodam months in advance. This was for the week after Thanksgiving. When we got on the ship there was a note in our cabin to call the Pinnacle concerning our reservation. They had cancelled it!! We had several groups on board and they had booked the Pinnacle all week.

As a result we ate a lot in the Tamarind. Thankfully the groups didn't take over that restaurant.

Here is one group booking for that cruise...

Northwest Anesthesia Seminars, Inc.

Continuing Education for the Medical Professional

Presents

Clinical Anesthesia Update

7-Day Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

November 7-14, 2010

THE SHIP - MS Nieuw Amsterdam

There is another very large group booked for the same time frame aboard Nieuw Amsterdam: "The National Review" is having a Post Election Cruise. They book the same every year or 2 for after the elections, this year they are scheduled for 14-21 November, but according to at least one member's wife (on one of their Roll Calls on CC), many of them will be aboard from the 7th through the 28th. Here is their web site: http://www.postelectioncruise.com/ I know that they have many quite well known people going to be aboard as speakers, such as Karl Rove.

Joanie

There is another very large group booked for the same time frame aboard Nieuw Amsterdam: "The National Review" is having a Post Election Cruise. They book the same every year or 2 for after the elections, this year they are scheduled for 14-21 November, but according to at least one member's wife (on one of their Roll Calls on CC), many of them will be aboard from the 7th through the 28th. Here is their web site: http://www.postelectioncruise.com/ I know that they have many quite well known people going to be aboard as speakers, such as Karl Rove.

Joanie

Is The National Review the same thing as The Weekly Standard?

The Weekly Standard had a large group on our recent Maasdam cruise but, thankfully, did not impact our enjoyment in any way. They occupied almost 80% of the suites but we would never have known except for having been told by ship's officers and the fact they wore name badges at all times when they were out of their cabin.

We had no problem getting Pinnacle reservations when we wanted them.

Archived