Drink/buffet Question - Atlantica/Mediteranea

kbisok

Hi,

I have 3 little question's:

1. Do they offer free orange juice during the whole day or just during breakfast ?

2. Can you bring some soda (Coke) on board or do they collect that when going on board the ship ? I thought about picking up some when in the ports of call.

3. Is there a buffet in the evening to. So if you don't like the sit down dinner you can go to the buffet. If so what do they server there ?

Thanks for the info

Hi there......

Orange juice is just in the AM.. I did see Ice Tea ( non Sweetend) and Coffee all day and water.

Why don;t you buy a soda Card? Not sure how much, but ask your Travel agent or call Costa.

Yes, they have a Really nice buffet for dinner as well. very good food and you don;t have to eat at a set time or with people you don;t know...

Have fun.

We brought several bottles of water and ice tea (one of which was Crown Royal.. LOL) on board. Our table mates brought two bottles of wine on board, which they did not seem to have a problem with at all.

Orange Juice and Grapefruit Juice as well as Ice Tea and Coffee was available throughout the day on our cruise.

If you don't like the sit-down dinner in the main restaurant, you can also choose the alternative dining option, which is located on deck 9, where buffet style dinner is being served. You will find a broad selection, usually meats (beef, pork, chicken), fish, pasta, salad, etc. Also the pizzaria is always open at least until 2 AM, so if you don't like any meat, go for a pizza.

And then there is Club Medusa (Mediterranea) / Club Atlantica (Atlantica) which I can only highly recommend. There is an extra charge (unless you room in a suite), which is $20 per person, but the dining experience is simply outstanding and extraordinaire!

Happy Cruising!

Andy

I just tried to find the card info on the Costa site and couldn't get anything. Could someone please tell me how you go about getting the drink card. I'll plan to bring some sodas with me for the room but I'll need the card for the rest of time. Its too bad that they don't have a soda program like most of the others. I know that I drink quite a lot of soft drinks and I'm sure so do a lot of other North Americans. Bottom line is I don't want to get gouged for soft drinks. Help.:confused:

I'm heading out on the Mediterrania on Sunday and have packed Gatorade, Diet Coke, bottled H2O and Seltzer in my luggage (family of four -- lots of suitcases !!) . We have routinely picked up six packs of Diet Coke, beer and a couple of bottles of wine while in port with other cruise lines and have never had a problem. I'll post loud and clear when we return if Costa gives us a hard time.

Hmmm, i looked on the costa site but i dit not find a way to get a drink card for 30 euro on forehand ? Where can i find this, i see flowers etc. etc. but no drink card.

Is there anyone on board for the Atlantica Transatlantic ???

Go to http://www.costacruisees.com

If you have not registered with Costa, you will have to do so, in order to purchase packages, such as spa, wine, anniversary packages, as well as the drink card.

In the middle of the page, select the tab "PERSONALIZE". ON the next page do NOT use the "register" hyperlink in the middle of the page! Use the "GO TO MYCOSTA" button on the left side of the page where it says "CLICK HERE".

If you already have a username and password, enter it now, if you don't you can register as a new user.

After all that you should be able to see you itinerary. You need your booking number in order to do all that.

The soda cards are hidden within the wine package list. Scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find the SODA CARD for $ 30.

Hope that helps!

Andy ;-)

Andy, you have been most helpful, thanks so much. I mannaged to find the cards on the website. Question now is that it says boys and girls. Does this mean that only children can get the package? I would think they wouldn't care as long as someone was paying for it. Also do you know if the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale has any stores? I have never been there and might need a few things between the airport and the ship. Thanks.:)

I don't think there are any stores at the terminal -- it's like a big hangar. However, if you are going on the Western Carribbean cruise, there is a drugstore in Key West ( first port of call ) that has just about everything you might need.

Have fun!

I bought a soda coupon book on board. I think it was just under $30 including the 15% gratuity. It's a book of cupons that you have to take with you. I found this inconvenient. On Celebrity they just gave you a sticker on your charge and all you do if flash that. The advantage on Costa was that you could give the cupons to anyone to use. We also brout a few sodas in our day pack back from each port. This was not a problem.

Booked a cruise through ovc and have not rec'd any tickets for air or sea yet. Sailing on 3/6. Has anyone else had this experience. I was told that the names are on the manifest at the pier and not to worry.

Also could not get on their website at all. Tried to register --never rec'd the e-mail to confirm a password. Can anyone help?

Captain Daddy:

Glad you found it. Of course everyone can use the soda cards, not only kids.

Sorry, but there are no stores in the cruise terminal, just a little coffee shop where you can get a coffee and some small snacks. Other than that, along US 1, there are quite a few store where you can shop for supplies you may need.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Andy

Hi folks

in answer to your questions about sodas etc.

We sailed on the Atlantica in the Med (see my review) and managed to bring sodas and beers on board with no problems at all.

We also purchased 2 Soda booklets (we weren't sure if it would be a card or not so bought one each) it is in fact a small book of vouchers with a long string to wear around your neck if you so wish, It is good for sodas, non alcoholic cocktails and speciality coffees so we reckoned it was good value for money -you can also purchase any mixer drinks that you need with it too - e.g. tonic water, dry ginger, sprite etc. They can be purchased on board at any bar and they contain 20 vouchers in each booklet. We also brought a bottle of gin on board (no problems) and our rooms steward brought us ice and clean glasses every evening without any problems either.

We purchased the wine package too and found it to be great value, one evening our table companions by sheer coincidence ordered the same wine that we had from our package only he paid (if my memory serves me well) $20 + so we got the best deal. We also kept the Prossecco (sparling italian wine) for one of our formal nights which was a nice touch.

You will have a ball on the Costa.

Just one more question though > does anyone have any room in the luggage for a stowawy LOL.

I would sail on Atlantica again in a heartbeat.

Incidently we were in a mini suite and have booked the same grade cabin on an RCL and boy they are falling well short on the perks compaired to Costa.

Any other questions feel free to ask , I'll help in any way I can.

We just got back from the Atlantica 2 weeks ago. We were able to get juices almost all the time. They had orange, pineapple, and grapefruit in the same section as iced tea and coffee. Sometimes I would mix them all together with ice for a nice punch type drink.

We did not buy the soda card this time and did not miss it at all.

I think it was $35.00 for 20 sodas.

A couple of questions about a suite on the Atlantica or Mediterranea...

Is there an internet hookup in the suite if we were to bring a laptop?

Are there movies to watch available in the suites?

So, they will let you bring cokes and beer onboard?

I think I read where you could take 2 botles of wine onboard, is this so?

I thought that you could purchase bottles of alcohol on board, but they would hold them until the day you got off the ship, but somebody said they bought gin and had it delivered to their stateroom.

Hi letzgocruzin.

We took beers and soda on board at our first port of call no problems at all.

We also had a bottle of gin and our friends a bottle of Vodka when we embarked for the first time (this was our duty free allowance) from the uk we had them in our carry ons and nothing at all was said to us.

At some ports our carryons were x-rayed but there was no uniformity with this, some days they just didn't bother. We never say anyone having liquor taken from them at all. We heard too that you could take some wine on board and the last I heard was that if you wanted it in the main rest for dinner they charged a corkage fee of $6.

We never bought any bottles on board but their prices were very good and our friends bought some vodka which was delivered to their cabin on the last night. Didn't hear of anyone taking it with them to their cabin.Hope this helps a little.

Sorry I cant help you with the internet connection as I was happy to leave all that stuff at home. but I would imagine that they would have as they were VERY well equiped suites, maybe a short call to costa could confirm that.

We had a DVD/VCR and music system in our suite but never took the oportunity to use it too much going on elsewhere that we didn't want to miss.

But our Butler/conceirge explained at the beginning that any films or anything we wanted just to let him know apparantley they had all the latest releases, but as I said we did not use ours.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. its a pleasure to recall our trip their.

I was on the Feb 13th sailing Mediterranea - I carried on numerous cans of soda - They didn't look twice. OJ and grapefruit juice was in the dispensers until well after 1:30PM each day I went to the buffet. It was also at poolside dispensers along with iced tea.:) I'm not "tight" by any means but I would have to draw the line at $2 per can of soda plus a 15% gratuity added on.

Just returned from Costa Med 2/27. We took the following on board in Ft. Lauderdale for a family of four:

5 bottles of wine, 1 bottle of champagne, 16 gatorade juice boxes, 16 bottles of water, 5 bottles of beer, 6 cans of soda, 6 cans of seltzer. All this was stashed in 4 suitcases and a soft sided cooler. No questions asked. We moved all the items from the top shelf of our in-room fridge and used it to keep our purchases cool as needed. Additional ice was always available.

Soda, bottled water, sports drinks are available in every port. No problems with security.

Security did take hard liquor purchased in port and on board and place it "in bondage" until the day before you disembark.

Throughout the day the following was available at various 9th floor buffet stations at no extra charge: Iced Tea, Hot tea (regular, decaf, mint) Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Coffee, water and ice. Also soft serve ice cream. Apple juice is available upon request at no extra charge until supplies run out.

i am cruising on the mediterranea on 3/27. I have a few questions:

1) does anyone know if they have lemonade onboard for free or do you have to pay for it.

2) what age do you have to be to gamble on the ship?

3) in your opinion, what would you recommend for dinner any of the nights. i made a deal with my dad to try something new every night, which i was going to do anyway cus its food for free(included in the price) and if you dont like it you can get something else!!!

Archived