britannia club balcony

munster

Hi

I'd agree with missfrankiecat (well explained by the way). Another plus point, there are a couple of extra choices printed on the "Club" menus that are not on the main restaurant ones.

There is a choice of pillows available in all grades, the difference is they tell you this in "club".

I also prefer to dine in the main Britannia Restaurant, not in the annexe (and yes, I have eaten in both areas).

There are pictures of AA/A Grade cabins via the link below.

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage.

I was wondering if britannia club balcony was worth the extra money compared to regular A1 balcony.

The balcony is identical (just higher up and possibly windier...), the dining experience, however, is quite different.

Regular Britannia passengers have an assigned table at the early or late sitting for dinner, and have no assigned seating for lunch or dinner - so if you take either of these meals in the Britannia Restaurant you will sit at a different table with different people each day.

Britannia Club passengers on the other hand dine in a section of the restaurant dedicated for their use. They are assigned a table and breakfast, lunch and dine there each day at a time of their choosing within the operating hours (just like the much more expensive Grills). That way they and the wait staff get to know each other very well - and some people enjoy the experience to make it worth the money to them.

If you regularly use the buffet for breakfast and lunch, then Britannia Club may not be worth the extra for you, if on the other hand you take these meals in the main restaurant, then its definitely worth thinking about.

Hi

I'd agree with missfrankiecat (well explained by the way). Another plus point, there are a couple of extra choices printed on the "Club" menus that are not on the main restaurant ones.

There is a choice of pillows available in all grades, the difference is they tell you this in "club".

I also prefer to dine in the main Britannia Restaurant, not in the annexe (and yes, I have eaten in both areas).

There are pictures of AA/A Grade cabins via the link below.

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage.

Now I am worried, I am in Britannia Club next month and maybe it was not a good idea. Why don't you like the annex??

Now I am worried, I am in Britannia Club next month and maybe it was not a good idea. Why don't you like the annex??

Hi SaylorGirl

Please DON'T worry! There is nothing to worry about. You'll have a great time I'm sure :).

I'm used to eating in the main part of the Britannia Restaurant, sometimes up on Deck 3, many times down on Deck 2, but always with a view of the central well. The main Britannia Restaurant is an impressive room. Eating there is one of the highlights of any voyage on the QM2 for me.

The "club" area felt remote and isolated from the centre of things and the view I have grown used to seeing.

Or, to put it another way...

The "club" area felt exclusive, a quiet restful place in which to dine, away from the noise of the main restaurant :).

It depends on you and what you want, many prefer a small intimate dining room (like the Grills and the even smaller Todd English), they may find the Britannia far too much like a well decorated "canteen" because of its size. Others like the "buzz", the excitement generated by the number of people around them and enjoy sitting near that soaring central vault.

I hope this helps, enjoy your voyage, tell us all about it when you return, with all best wishes.

-------------------------------

I think Pepperrn's perspecitive/options thereof right on the mark.

Britannia Club is a lovely nook in the corner of Britannia, in a windowed area. If you are assigned there for dining (AA), you have the option of eating when you please (within the time ranges for each meal), but also have the thrill of walking in through Britannia main dining room (if you choose to come in that entrance) and still feel connected to that buzz and excitement. Meals themselves feel a bit less rushed and more "personal" to me here (since, waitstaff only has to turn the tables once, not twice a meal).

There is a bit more selection and an a la carte menu option for dinner (and perhaps more willingness to satisfy some special requests?). And it seems as if the ratio of waiters to table may be better, although I may be all wrong about that. I rarely eat breakfast in the dining room, sometimes eat lunch there.

One other minor but nice perk that I have liked in AA is that bottled water was complimentary in your stateroom (is this still true?). You are also invited to the Grills cocktail party, rather than Britannia. I don't know whether that is a plus or a minus or matters at all. As peppern mentions, the rooms (A1, A2, AA) are all the same -- very nice standard glass front balcony staterooms. If there is fairly little difference in price, I usually opt for AA (because of the single seating), but am very happy with many other staterooms as well (in either A or B category usually -- either glass or sheltered balcony).

Don't fret -- if you are in AA I think and hope you will very much enjoy it. I look forward to meeting you on board! :)

Thanks Pepperrn and Voyagerdreamer I usually cruise with my DH but this time I am cruising with my Mom. My Dad passed away a few months ago so I am taking her to celebrate her 81st birthday. I like single service dining so that was the reason I choose the club but I really like the activity that you would have in the main dining room. I am sure it will be great and we will have a wonderful time.

The Britannia Club is really popular so I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. Like Peppern I happen to find the atmosphere in the main restaurant, especially in the lower well much more congenial than the quieter Club. I also often travel alone and like to sit on a larger table to meet as many people as possible and those options are limited in the annex. I have usually been lucky in the main restaurant and dined on an Officers table - again not an option in the Club. But many people prefer the more intimate atmosphere of the Club, appreciate having an assigned table at lunch and breakfast if they want and the single seating is more convenient for fitting in other evening entertainment so I'm sure you'll love your choice. If not, there's always next time.

My husband and I were in Britannia Club for 24 days in June traveling from NYC to Norway and back. We loved it! Being on Deck 12 is fun and quiet. Wonderful views from high up and very peaceful. We had a table for 2 and met wonderful people all around us since there were lots of tables for 2 beside each other. You will have the best of all worlds because you can always decide to dine in Britannia just to try it out. You can always dine in a level down, just not in a level above. So this is your chance to try both. We were so happy with the open seating and our window table, that we never ventured to the big dining room. In fact in 2011 we are again taking a long voyage and again going the Club level. We find it a good value.:D

Sally

My husband and I were in Britannia Club for 24 days in June traveling from NYC to Norway and back. We loved it! Being on Deck 12 is fun and quiet. Wonderful views from high up and very peaceful. We had a table for 2 and met wonderful people all around us since there were lots of tables for 2 beside each other. You will have the best of all worlds because you can always decide to dine in Britannia just to try it out. You can always dine in a level down, just not in a level above. So this is your chance to try both. We were so happy with the open seating and our window table, that we never ventured to the big dining room. In fact in 2011 we are again taking a long voyage and again going the Club level. We find it a good value.:D

Sally

I appreciate everyone's replies, may I ask how one would go about "trying the main Britannia dining room"? I just went and watched some videos on U-tube and the Britannia Dining Room is stunning.

I appreciate everyone's replies, may I ask how one would go about "trying the main Britannia dining room"? I just went and watched some videos on U-tube and the Britannia Dining Room is stunning.

At breakfast or lunch you just queue up with everyone else (short queue). If you wish to try it for dinner, your Maître d' will arrange it. But you may want to let him know it's a one-time-thing... :cool:

One thing that would have been nice (see related thread) would be to have the Britannia Club open for embarkation lunch, but my check of my last Daily Programme tells me that isn't the case. Perhaps they will consider it for QE where it's an entirely separate room.

I went AA and loved it. Now I'm going D something which is the least expensive and I'm going to love it too. I'm a guy, no matter what, I'll be on Queen Mary Two; how can I not enjoy myself? You will too. I hope so anyway.

Jon.

I went AA and loved it. Now I'm going D something which is the least expensive and I'm going to love it too. I'm a guy, no matter what, I'll be on Queen Mary Two; how can I not enjoy myself? You will too. I hope so anyway.

Jon.

Amen. By the way, I'd going AA to D2 on the same day in November.

What are the different items on the menu in Britannia Club? How extensive is the a la carte menu there?

About 4-5 items not on the "regular" menu. Princess Grill has a few more than B-Club, and Queens Grill a few more than P-Grill

Archived