New past due policy

Jeano222

new booking options will be limited to only one extension.....

Exactly what does this mean?

You can do a complimentary hold on a cabin on Princess for a few days with out putting money down. I think it is 2 to 3 days. You can then extend that 2 more days and keep the reservation active. You used to be able to do this a few times but now they are limiting that.

I have used this previously as sometimes I can't get an answer if I can get the time off right away. Also, Princess used to let you hold a cabin for a week before making a deposit and they have reduced that time frame a few years ago. I have also used it before when I go to book with my agent and she says "I have a special going on if you book next week, you get extra OBC or something" so I have often held a cabin and then waited until her special and then deposit. Here is a 3rd example - I booked an Alaskan cruise one way once the price was very low but wanted to do a B2B. The second cruise hadn't dropped yet but I thought for sure it would after final payment. So I held the same cabin that I had the week before several times until the price went down and then booked it.

Thinking about this - it is probably because of people like me that Princess is changing the policy :)

Archived