mini-panic regarding flight time, experts opinionss please!

cruisin_cutie

It depends on what airlines your flying on. Most airlines will let you go stand-by for no charge if you miss your original flight. You need to call the airlines before you miss your flight though.

If the ship is late or you get hung up at the terminal just call the airlines and let them know you're going to miss your flight.

Sometimes it takes two or three flights before you can get on a stand-by flight which can be a bit annoying. Staying at the airport for 4-5 hours or saving a few hundred dollars. Whatever is the least inconvenience for you.

Don't be too worried. There is a chance you can make your flight. Most ships get in early and if the crew knows you're flight leaves early they usually try to accommodate you as much as it's in their power to do so.:)

You will never make it! We have stayed an extra night and flown out the next day as it was cheaper (even with the hotel) than flying out the same day as the cruise returns, however, this time we found a good deal flying out same day at 3pm and hope there is no problem!

I was just relooking at my itinerary and it says we get back at 9:00am on sunday. The only flight i can find for a decent price is at 10:00am. Does the boat really get back a 9am?? in all my experiences we were docked wayyyy earlier than that and those who wanted to self disembark could be off by 8am or so. thats what we were planning on doing, getting ourselves off and able to make our 10am flight. i know 10 is pushing it, but seriously it would be like a hundred bucks extra each to fly out later.

so whats the scoop :)

If you are on Splendor out of LA there is no way that you should even consider booking anything before 1:00 p.m. Clearing security at the airports in that area can take a while and you really need to be at the airport 2 hours early. Not to mention that traffic in LA is a bear even on the weekends.

Archived