Seaborn Odyssey - Breakfast+Lunch -

Ceasar

Hello,

Read the fantastic review "Wants ans All" about the Seaborn Odssey

for sep.2010 and found out that breakfast and lunch is going to be "grabb+take+system" - :( - a good day should start with fresh squeezed

orange + champange, served and not picked. We are booked on

Odyssey in november -ATH-ROM

Had tabel service:)

Prinsendam ( Nansen suite )

Westerdam - suite

RCL - Grand suite -

MSC - Melody Suite

( in between a lot of cruise none suite )

Question - was it closed always ????

Any info is valuabel.

Regards

CEASAR

Hello,

Read the fantastic review "Wants ans All" about the Seaborn Odssey

for sep.2010 and found out that breakfast and lunch is going to be "grabb+take+system" - :( - a good day should start with fresh squeezed

orange + champange, served and not picked. We are booked on

Odyssey in november -ATH-ROM

Had tabel service:)

Prinsendam ( Nansen suite )

Westerdam - suite

RCL - Grand suite -

MSC - Melody Suite

( in between a lot of cruise none suite )

Question - was it closed always ????

Any info is valuabel.

Regards

CEASAR

I think you mean Warts and all. :)

Not sure what the point of this post is. Am I being dense?

My interpretation is: He has read that on the Odyssey (on which he is booked in Nov) breakfast and lunch will be served buffet style only. On the other cruiselines he lists, breakfast and lunch were offered in the dining room with table service. He much prefers the table service and wonders how long this policy has been in place on Seabourn.

I did not follow all the ins and outs of the closed dining room thread so can't answer.

This is how I understand his post FWIW.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that breakfast here is being served "Windstar style", meaning not the MDR but still with a menu and waiter service for hot entrees along with the buffet line. Not what is traditionally expected from Seabourn, but a far cry from "grab and go". Am I missing something serious?

Roy

First of all we should not critise his English unless our Sweedish is better.

More importantly, Seabourn have got to be more pro-active in their information over this closure of MDR. I am sure they are loosing bookings by their silence and absence of information on their web site.

First of all we should not critise his English unless our Sweedish is better.

More importantly, Seabourn have got to be more pro-active in their information over this closure of MDR. I am sure they are loosing bookings by their silence and absence of information on their web site.

I can't see any criticism,it is a little difficult to get all of the information,but between us we usually piece it together.

I can't agree that Seabourn are loosing bookings over this trial.

You say that you are sure,where do you get your information from?

Ships are sailing mostly full at present.

I can't see any criticism,it is a little difficult to get all of the information,but between us we usually piece it together.

I can't agree that Seabourn are loosing bookings over this trial.

You say that you are sure,where do you get your information from?

Ships are sailing mostly full at present.

Maybe so; but most people will have booked not knowing of the "experiment". In fact it is so poorly publicised ( outside this Board) that people currently booking will not know. Watch this space?

Maybe so; but most people will have booked not knowing of the "experiment". In fact it is so poorly publicised ( outside this Board) that people currently booking will not know. Watch this space?

Not being transparent is a bit like the Toyota situation,but I guess that the trial will only affect about twenty to thirty guests at most,still I do not agree that they should close any dining option on a luxury line.

I agree with Marianh, it is not the bookings now, most people book at least 6 months in advance so that any adverse reaction will not show now but later. Seabourn have to realise that unless they are honest it will take them longer than they think to reverse any booking decline

I agree with Marianh, it is not the bookings now, most people book at least 6 months in advance so that any adverse reaction will not show now but later. Seabourn have to realise that unless they are honest it will take them longer than they think to reverse any booking decline

What booking decline do you speak of?

This trial, albeit a waste of everyones time and effort can surely only be short lived.

What booking decline do you speak of?

This trial, albeit a waste of everyones time and effort can surely only be short lived.

He said any, as in any decline that might emerge over time as people realise they may/ will not get what the brochures promise.

Is your contention that the experiment(s) is / are short lived based on inside knowlege or wishful thinking?

Could Dan kindly provide an update?

He said any, as in any decline that might emerge over time as people realise they may/ will not get what the brochures promise.

Is your contention that the experiment(s) is / are short lived based on inside knowlege or wishful thinking?

Could Dan kindly provide an update?

Direct from someone fairly high up working on Odyssey.Ofcourse it is also wishful thinking.

Hello to all of you, Sorry about bad english, try to do better, the main point is that the

MDR ( main dining room ) is close for breakfast + lunch ) Please the even the remark ofthe

gentlemen Randy Oaks ar seaborn's facebook and the answer from seborn about this

"ongoing" process. Correct I ment Wart..... There still is the exellent en suite service

Thank you Ceasar

It is all confusing about breakfast and lunch - not that we went wanting....

On our Legend cruise, the daily news letter stated that the dining room was open for breakfast and lunch. We went down the sea day for lunch and it was not open....

Every breakfast, as there was no menu, I didn't really know what I could order hot. It was very confusing. Some people were receiving wonderful egg dishes and I didn't even know what was possible. I am not the kind of person who wants people to bend over backwards for me so I wasn't going to just ask for something wonderful.

We started taking room service breakfast every morning because the buffet area was confusing and crowded. Not really what I expected. Then, what made me feel terrible was the man in charge was trying so hard to please everyone, but in reality, I was not pleased. I thought it was a double standard. If you have cruised with Seabourn before and know what they can make, great you will get it. Otherwise, be happy with the items on the buffet. Is it so hard to print a simple breakfast menu with a laserjet printer? Is that too technologically advanced? Sorry, still a little sore point.

Legend? Please excuse my confusion but I thought this was an experiment on the Odyssey. Is it also on the smaller ships?

There own site still says "Seabourn yachting life offers you a choice of up to five dining venues. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in one of our traditional restaurants".

I will be going on my first Seabourn cruise and I feel that if they change what they offer after they took my money, that would be unfair.

My husband loves to eat in the quiet of the MDR and would be very disappointed.

Does anyone know if this is on the Pride as well?

It is all confusing about breakfast and lunch - not that we went wanting....

On our Legend cruise, the daily news letter stated that the dining room was open for breakfast and lunch. We went down the sea day for lunch and it was not open....

Every breakfast, as there was no menu, I didn't really know what I could order hot. It was very confusing. Some people were receiving wonderful egg dishes and I didn't even know what was possible. I am not the kind of person who wants people to bend over backwards for me so I wasn't going to just ask for something wonderful.

We started taking room service breakfast every morning because the buffet area was confusing and crowded. Not really what I expected. Then, what made me feel terrible was the man in charge was trying so hard to please everyone, but in reality, I was not pleased. I thought it was a double standard. If you have cruised with Seabourn before and know what they can make, great you will get it. Otherwise, be happy with the items on the buffet. Is it so hard to print a simple breakfast menu with a laserjet printer? Is that too technologically advanced? Sorry, still a little sore point.

I don't understand why there was no menu for breakfast - every SB cruise we have done there has been (the same each day) menu on the tables in the veranda cafe, and you should in any case be asked by waiters if you want to order anything - these are any kind of eggs, eggs benedict, omelettes, pancakes etc. I will be annoyed if this has been discontinued. Also there should be a 'special' on the blackboard. I agree that the veranda cafe is crowded and can be noisy - the Colonnade in the larger ships is much more spacious and comfortable. Are you sure the menu was missing? Also, horrified if the dining room is not open for every meal on the Legend - it was supposed to be only on the Odyssey, and hopefully only for a short time.:confused:

I don't understand why there was no menu for breakfast - every SB cruise we have done there has been (the same each day) menu on the tables in the veranda cafe, and you should in any case be asked by waiters if you want to order anything - these are any kind of eggs, eggs benedict, omelettes, pancakes etc. I will be annoyed if this has been discontinued. Also there should be a 'special' on the blackboard. I agree that the veranda cafe is crowded and can be noisy - the Colonnade in the larger ships is much more spacious and comfortable. Are you sure the menu was missing? Also, horrified if the dining room is not open for every meal on the Legend - it was supposed to be only on the Odyssey, and hopefully only for a short time.:confused:

HOST DAN - Confusion seems to be getting worse. Please can you find out what is going on and what are future plans for the MDR?

I inquired, along with other requests, for clarification on the MDR policy for our cruise from Buenos Aires to Manaus on 11 Feb. Was told quite clearly the MDR will be closed for breakfast and lunch and we will need to go to the more casual

Colonnade. The term in the email is "a la carte menu" in addition to buffet. I did not take this to mean that I would get a menu, but that I could order at the table. As my husband is disabled and sometimes needs to remain on the ship in difficult ports, I am very disappointed. The MDR meals at breakfast and lunch were fond Legend memories from our first Seabourn cruise earlier this year.

I inquired, along with other requests, for clarification on the MDR policy for our cruise from Buenos Aires to Manaus on 11 Feb. Was told quite clearly the MDR will be closed for breakfast and lunch and we will need to go to the more casual

Colonnade. The term in the email is "a la carte menu" in addition to buffet. I did not take this to mean that I would get a menu, but that I could order at the table. As my husband is disabled and sometimes needs to remain on the ship in difficult ports, I am very disappointed. The MDR meals at breakfast and lunch were fond Legend memories from our first Seabourn cruise earlier this year.

It appears that the "experiment" is being extended or perhaps the gradually instituted new policy on all the Yachts of Seabourn.

I assume your upcoming cruise is on the Odyssey...will be joining the Sojourn in late Oct. for 32 day B2B cruise and will monitor/inquire on MDR operating schedule.

If the MDR officially becomes a dinner only venue after these "experiments",

will not even consider pursuing the option of onboard booking a 51 day Sojourn world cruise segment that commences in LA this January.

It's a deal breaker.

(Again will communicate my position to the Club regarding MDR curtailment and seek an answer to what exactly is the policy, ie. ship by ship, cruise by cruise, seasonal).

Just got an email from Seabourn saying they had "miss informed" me - the MDR will be open 3 meals a day for our cruise Feb 11 - Mar 3 -I hope for yours as well. We are delighted - guess I wouldn't have been so happy about the MDR until we almost lost it for breakfast and lunch! :)

For years now we have been commenting on how well the ships are run and how badly the office is, particulally the uk office.The staff on board consistantly come out as the reason people sail with Seabourn and the management are letting them down.

I do not think the office can be totally to blame as it seems as if they do not receive the information from management. for instance they seem to not know of the experiment with the MDR telling me initially that it must have been a maintenance problem.

The Seabourn management have to take responsability for not only making decisions but also informing the part of the company that is in direct contact with the customers of these decisions

Archived