"Residency Discounts" for Missourians - others too?

Cy_MO

Two things to note:

1) RCCL seems to be having a special for Missouri residents right now. Don't know if it's just on certain ships, certain sailings, certain timeframe or what. But I booked my (3/27/05 AOS) cruise back in June. Asked my cruise agent if lower prices that might come out afterwards would be honored, and they said yes, but I'd have to watch for them. Today I thought to check, and found that prices had lowered. I think it was a $210pp discount. But we'd also booked air through them, and that had gone UP slightly, so for the 4 of us, we ended up saving $707!!!! If you are a MO resident, be SURE to check this out - you may be due a refund. And if you are, send me a $20 finders fee, okay? :)

2) Even if you aren't a MO resident, it's obviously wise to keep watching the cruise pricing. While I'm sure they won't honor "last minute" discounts of the type they use to fill empty ships, prices DO fluctuate, and it seems that with MOST agents, the responsibility to follow up on that is with YOU, not THEM!

Good luck. I hope you get a refund!

I'm a little confused. Do you think the prices on your cruise and sailing just lowered for everyone on the RCCL website? Or do you think it was somehow special for MO? I thought residency discounts were pretty much for new bookings, but I could be wrong and how do you check?

In any case, congratulations on the $ savings! And thanks for any special insight you might have. :D

I'm a little confused. Do you think the prices on your cruise and sailing just lowered for everyone on the RCCL website? Or do you think it was somehow special for MO? I thought residency discounts were pretty much for new bookings, but I could be wrong and how do you check?

Don't know the official answer, but per my agent's suggestion back last June, I just went to their website, proceeding as though I was doing a new booking. This one, like most/all I suppose, requires you to put in your ZIP. The price I saw was less than I'd paid, and there was a note that there was a residency discount (I think that was the term). Once I saw the rate change, I called company I'd booked through. Initially they told me rates had actually gone UP. Then after digging around, I guess they realized I was seeing the lower rate based on the residency discount. The rep came back after being on hold for a while, said something a little vague about she THOUGHT she was going to be able to save me $600 or so, and that she'd need to call me back. I wonder if she had the same questions you did: whether or not this discount would be good only for new bookings. In any case, it's coming through! :)

Archived