Soda Question

Taking my Mom on a cruise next year to celebrate her 75th birthday, she gets around almost as good as I do, she is a pepsi drinker and I noticed a lot of folks mentioning coke. Am I able to bring pepsi onboard ship for her (maybe 2 six packs)?

Taking my Mom on a cruise next year to celebrate her 75th birthday, she gets around almost as good as I do, she is a pepsi drinker and I noticed a lot of folks mentioning coke. Am I able to bring pepsi onboard ship for her (maybe 2 six packs)?

Put it in your suitcase, incognito. We do the same. Coke= yuck!

I would carry it on myself, as a 12 pack in its cardboard box.

If you insist on putting it in your luggage, PLEASE wrap it in large plastic bags that are SEALED. You can ruin not only your own clothes, but even in adjacent suitcases. Accidents, particularly involving carbonated beverages, can and do happen.

If you insist on putting it in your luggage, PLEASE wrap it in large plastic bags that are SEALED. You can ruin not only your own clothes, but even in adjacent suitcases. Accidents, particularly involving carbonated beverages, can and do happen.

Smaller plastic bottles work best!

Okay, that's what I was trying to figure out, I didn't want to break the rules, that's why I decided to ask the experts. It all gets so confusing, I also just realized no irons are allowed either. At least I can get the clothing pressed free for formal night, since we booked the RFS.

WE WERE ON A RCCL CRUISE THIS APRIL....NO POP, WATER....OR SPIRITS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON BOARD.....

WE KNEW PEOPLE WHO HAD WATER & POP TAKEN AWAY...UNTIL

DISEMBARKATION.

PURCHASE A POP CARD WHEN YOU BOARD, THEN NOOOO PROBLEMS

B.J.

( 19 CRUISES):rolleyes:

WE WERE ON A RCCL CRUISE THIS APRIL....NO POP, WATER....OR SPIRITS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON BOARD.....

WE KNEW PEOPLE WHO HAD WATER & POP TAKEN AWAY...UNTIL

DISEMBARKATION.

PURCHASE A POP CARD WHEN YOU BOARD, THEN NOOOO PROBLEMS

B.J.

( 19 CRUISES):rolleyes:

Except, as previously stated, the pop card is for coke products.

Good advice, especially for soda (pop) since the luggage can be thrown around a little shaking up the cans so they could explode. I even place all liquids like lotion, sun tan lotion, tooth paste etc. in zip lock bags just in case. I seem to remember a certain poster on here (no names mentioned) drinks Diet Rite soda and always takes it on board without any problems because that's all he drinks.

IDK if this is a good idea...they do check your carry on. I'd keep it in your luggage.

We were on the Explorer Sept 16-25 and brought two 12 pack of cans in a small carry on that has wheels. My hubby is a Pepsi addict (doesn't drink coffee) and RCI sells all coke.

We had NO issues taking it on. We also bought a 4 pack of root beer at a brewery tour for a souvenir for my son at one of the ports mid cruise. We took that through security in my backpack and they did stop me and take it out and look at it long and hard. They then laughed and said no problem when they realized it was root beer not alcoholic beer. So I don't think soda is an issue for them.

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I will for the sake of other future travelers... On a previous cruise (not RCI) I put a 12 pack of Pepsi cans in our CHECKED luggage. It not only leaked on our stuff, but onto other peoples suite cases. Fortunatly there were on board self service laundry (none though on RCI). I suggest if you take on soda, to keep it in your carry on. This time I put it all in those hefty Ziplocs (the size for a sleeping bag) and then in my carry on. I used the Ziplocs for our dirty laundry bag.

I thought I would ask, since this is a "soda question" thread (don't mean to hijack it :))

I thought I had read on another post that if you purchase the soda cards ahead of time, you have to pay tax. I do see where they charge you the 15% gratuity, but I can't remember if you have to pay that if you purchase the soda card on board. I would love to have as much taken care of as possible before embarking, but I also don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Thanks!!

Archived