Guarantee Suite just assigned me accessible 8127 on Millennium

Wilde_37

I just upgrade from a balcony to a Guaranteed Deluxe. Just saw online that I have been assigned to stateroom 8127 on Millennium - it is an accessible room. On the deck plan it seems larger than a normal Sky Suite. Can anyone tell me if it is? Thanks!

Yes, an accessible cabin is larger to accommodate a wheelchair or scooter. You will have a wheel in shower rather than a regular one plus a raised toilet with handrails. You were probably given that cabin because a disabled person did not book it, but normally an able bodied person would not be able to book an accessible cabin, as Celebrity now makes you fill out a form pertaining to the disability.

Be aware, if a disabled person books at the last minute, you MAY be moved to another cabin.

Considering there are only 3 CC cabins that are accessible and they are all in the most expensive C1 area these should be left open until 30 days prior to sailing. I'm not blaming the customer but whoever gave them the cabin. I book a year or more in advance for that particular cabin on other M-class ships. No noise from above or below that you get with the one on deck 7 or deck 9. Maybe some day we'll see a sale for handicapped/disabled passengers.

The same thing just happened to me but I am sailing on the Equinox on 11/26/10. They assigned me 2136 which is also a handicap accessible cabin. I did not request it, nor do i need it. It is larger than the others in the same class, so I guess I can't complain, but I feel funny taking it as someone might really need it. I guess if someone wants to book it and really needs it they will move me.

No, they will not move you. We know this from experience as we require accessible staterooms. In fact, we just tried yesterday to book a CC stateroom for a sailing which is over 45 days out. Special needs will NOT inquire once it show as being booked. Once it is booked, it is off the inventory and special needs won't inquire further. However, since this is an assignment, there it is not your fault for booking it.

As far as the sky suite, you won't get the nice tub or any fancy shower panels (depending on the ship). It is a straight hand held shower. So if I was in a sky suite and didn't need an acessible cabin, I wouldn't want one. But that it is up to you.

My experience is different. I booked a GTY suite, was assigned an accessible cabin (which we do not need), watched the =X= website for other suites in the category to open, and when another suite appeared, phoned our TA who moved us without hesitation. You may want to check with =X= or your TA.

I would prefer not to have an accessible room - although it is not the end of the world. I was kinda looking forward to a large bathroom with a tub.

I phoned my travel agent who really wasn't that helpful. I have always worked directly with Celebrity myself but this time decided to use a TA (Never again). I just get the feeling that the TA is not doing everything in their power to get me switched. They phoned and got me reassigned to the SAME room again. Now the TA is almost refusing to make another call - saying that celebrity cannot do anything.

So I phoned Celebrity myself and as usual they would not talk to me because I did not book directly with them. I did however get them to agree to put a note on the booking saying that I requested that if another suite became available they would move me to it. I won't hold my breathe.

Regardless of whether there is a tub in the bathroom or whether it is just a clinical room with a hand held shower - I will enjoy the rest of the stateroom and the whole ship.

Wilde, I understand how you feel about wanting the nice big tub. When I'm not traveling with the disabled family member that needs the accessible room, I love to have a room with a big jetted tub.

You can check the web site yourself and see if there is another sky suite available. If there is, then you know your travel agent isn't doing what they could do to get you moved.

Another thought would be to contact the Special Needs dept. and inform them that no one in your party is disabled and you do not want an accessible room and that they should be holding the room for someone who is disabled and needs it. Special Needs can move people. We often have to have a "regular" room held and then contact special needs to get moved into the accessible room. So if they can move people in, they should be able to move people out.

Regardless, have a great cruise. A little tip--if you end up having to keep the accessible suite, ask the room attendant for extra towels so you can put those around the shower area. I find that often much of the bathroom floor gets wet if you don't do so, especially if the ship is moving.

I just upgrade from a balcony to a Guaranteed Deluxe. Just saw online that I have been assigned to stateroom 8127 on Millennium - it is an accessible room. On the deck plan it seems larger than a normal Sky Suite. Can anyone tell me if it is? Thanks!

We've just be moved up to this same stateroom on the 10/11 cruise. I'll take some photos!

We've just be moved up to this same stateroom on the 10/11 cruise. I'll take some photos!

Sorry, I cannot tell you about that specific cabin, but, we were in 8112 and it was right by the mid ship elevators which was very convenient. Any it was very quiet.

I phoned my travel agent who really wasn't that helpful. I have always worked directly with Celebrity myself but this time decided to use a TA (Never again). I just get the feeling that the TA is not doing everything in their power to get me switched. They phoned and got me reassigned to the SAME room again. Now the TA is almost refusing to make another call - saying that celebrity cannot do anything.

So I phoned Celebrity myself and as usual they would not talk to me because I did not book directly with them. I did however get them to agree to put a note on the booking saying that I requested that if another suite became available they would move me to it. I won't hold my breathe.

I booked with Celebrity in the UK directly and recently took a suite guarantee. The cabin was automatically allocated by computer and in my case this was done pretty quickly as I sail this month. There wasn't any way of me picking another cabin within the category once allocated and to be fair I can understand why. The cabin was less money than the equivalent S2 pricing and with this guarantee you are taking pot luck with where you are. That is why they are cheaper. The flexibility to change may just be a special deal that can be done in the States or by certain TAs there, but your TA seems to be going by what the system is here rather than being unhelpful.

Phil

The sailing is probably full now - heck we are on a cruise in Feb that has been completely SOLD OUT for over a month and this is 6 months prior to sailing which makes it legitimate to sell all cabins reguardless - I know some are not going to like that comment but once a sailing is competely sold out no matter how far ina advance then the cruise lines should be allowed to sell off even those special cabins.

Unless final payment has been made, which most people do not do six months early, the cruise is not actually sold out.

Many times people will book a cabin and then cancel before final payment is due. Also, travel agents are often holding blocks of cabins, which unless you can find out who these travel agents are, you can't book the space (and Celebrity won't tell you).

Since there are so few accessible cabins on the entire ship, then it is necessary to hold those staterooms back until at least after final payment. Then if the cruise is still "sold out", it would be reasonable to release and sell the accessible cabins. But usually there are quite a few cabins available at the final payment point, especially since by that time travel agents release the blocks of cabins they are holding but haven't sold.

I booked with Celebrity in the UK directly and recently took a suite guarantee. The cabin was automatically allocated by computer and in my case this was done pretty quickly as I sail this month. There wasn't any way of me picking another cabin within the category once allocated and to be fair I can understand why. The cabin was less money than the equivalent S2 pricing and with this guarantee you are taking pot luck with where you are. That is why they are cheaper. The flexibility to change may just be a special deal that can be done in the States or by certain TAs there' date=' but your TA seems to be going by what the system is here rather than being unhelpful.

Phil[/quote']

We're in the UK and had a similar experience trying to change our Guarantee once allocated - our TA called Celebrity and was told it wasn't possible to change. Looks like changing could be a States-only thing.

We're in the UK and had a similar experience trying to change our Guarantee once allocated - our TA called Celebrity and was told it wasn't possible to change. Looks like changing could be a States-only thing.

Yes it is possible to change in the UK. Without being too technical, the Guarantee rooms have to be available and at the same price code you paid - if they are then you can just go back into the mix to be allocated another room. Worst case is you get the same one again but at least you have tried!

Yes it is possible to change in the UK. Without being too technical' date=' the Guarantee rooms have to be available and at the same price code you paid - if they are then you can just go back into the mix to be allocated another room. Worst case is you get the same one again but at least you have tried![/quote']

Thanks Albert - useful information.

I emailed Celebrity and one of their staff emailed me and advised me (off the record) to request to be put back into the pool and then the old room that I had been assigned to would became available on the system again. Then I should log in and put a courtesy hold on the old room!! That meant that for 48 hours that old room was not available within the pool. That way i could be assigned a different room.

Great idea - except... because the booking was so late the old room did not show up on the list of available rooms. So I could not put a courtesy hold on it- thus, I could not remove it from the pool. So guess what happened today - they assigned me to the SAME suite for the 3rd time. Now the sailing is sold out - so at least I tried. But I will remember the tip for the future! Meanwhile - I'm off in 3 weeks time for 11 lovely nights in a suite around the Caribbean - Happy days!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived