New site and ES form submission...

ilovetheislands

I have been looking at the new site and like most I am having a hard time distinguishing the different cabin categories. However, I looked again this morning and compared the rates. I submitted the ES form for a measley credit of $12.44. I will take what I can get. Here is a little information about my cruise. Maybe Firefly or Mach (or any other ES expert) can chime in and see if my thinking is correct.

My cruise (Jan 22, 2011, Dream, Verandah, Midship, 8D)

Fare: 2216.00

Tax: 304.52

PP Grat: 280.00

Total: 2800.52

Today: Same cruise, same location, category???, same location except on port side instead of starboard.

Fare: 2196.00

Tax: 312.08

Total: 2788.08

Also, can someone please explain to me how the taxes (present) are more on the new fare, which is less than the original fare?

I will follow up when I receive a reply from CCL on the ES claim form. Have a great day everyone.

I have been looking at the new site and like most I am having a hard time distinguishing the different cabin categories. However, I looked again this morning and compared the rates. I submitted the ES form for a measley credit of $12.44. I will take what I can get. Here is a little information about my cruise. Maybe Firefly or Mach (or any other ES expert) can chime in and see if my thinking is correct.

My cruise (Jan 22, 2011, Dream, Verandah, Midship, 8D)

Fare: 2216.00

Tax: 304.52

Total: 2800.52

Today: Same cruise, same location, category???, same location except on port side instead of starboard.

Fare: 2196.00

Tax: 312.08

Total: 2788.08

Also, can someone please explain to me how the taxes (present) are more on the new fare, which is less than the original fare?

I will follow up when I receive a reply from CCL on the ES claim form. Have a great day everyone.

The ES price-match is actually based only on the difference in the total cruisefare for the cabin (not including Govt Fees and taxes). ken

If your add on taxes and fees, go down, you get it as OBC after you board. We got back $7.04. No sense tracking anything but the price.

Make sure its for the same category. I see you have category ??? and are not sure you are comparing the same category .. the base fare per person in the same category is what you need to compare right now.

Where are you finding the category on the new website. I filled out many ES forms for our last cruise in August, but when I filled one out last night for the Spirit I couldn't find category. I know we have an 8D and where it is located, so I just went by that.

Where are you finding the category on the new website. I filled out many ES forms for our last cruise in August, but when I filled one out last night for the Spirit I couldn't find category. I know we have an 8D and where it is located, so I just went by that.

That is what I did as well. The cabin selection that was available was within 4 room numbers of the one I am booked in now. So I am assuming that it is the same category.

If your add on taxes and fees, go down, you get it as OBC after you board. We got back $7.04. No sense tracking anything but the price.

Make sure its for the same category. I see you have category ??? and are not sure you are comparing the same category .. the base fare per person in the same category is what you need to compare right now.

I wish I could make sure...the new site doesn't give you the categories at least that I can find anyway. Nor does it give the price breakdown for guest 1,2,3 and 4. I know for sure that there is a difference in price for the base fare and that is what I am going after. :D

So if the price of my cruise goes down but the taxes and fees goes up I can send in a claim?:confused:

Send it in. I had a TA made me pay the difference in taxes and charged me.

If you are sending in the form you booked direct, not thru a TA, so send it on in.

So if the price of my cruise goes down but the taxes and fees goes up I can send in a claim?:confused:

Yes! You are only comparing the CruiseFare for your current Early Saver Rate and the current CruiseFare. ken

My taxes have stayed the same regardless of price change. As of today. My cruise over Christmas have dropped $550.00 . This morning I noticed $1099.99 for balcony rate . When I click on it, it said $1149. So I called Carnival. They said the rate is $1099 , despite it not showing it ?

Then proceeded to tell me that is the rate I have now? I said, but it just dropped this morning and I haven't even filled out claim form? Still very confused. The man on the other end laughs and says, well you have it and I'll sent you a new confirmation....

I got my $100 drop and don't know how :eek: Anyway thanks to the fine folks at Carnival for giving me an early Christmas present !!!!:cool:

Charleyann

I got the approval this morning for the credit. Of course they screwed it up when they updated my account - I am now missing $100 OBC from a FCC.

I also received OBC for our Christmas Dream cruise. My FCC is also missing. I think it has something to do with the way the new site is set up, cause when I called, they said they definitely "see" the FCC - we just can't till we are onboard. Take all paperwork you have for the FCC and OBC just in case!

thank you firefly333 and Ken076.. I'll be watching things as we get closer.. right now as a past guest my rate are about $40 more pp for the 1st two and $20 less for the third when I booked ES so it doesn't seem to make much sense to send in a claim since really it would cost me 80 to get 20 back..I'll be watching tho... thanks again

Archived