Need some advice

Good afternoon, I've been posting on the luxury cruise section of this board. After meeting Travel Cat it was suggested I come over here and ask some Regent specific questions.

The Post on the luxury board can be found here if your interested. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1285745

Basically my girlfriend and I are both semi retired and a very young 40. Were taking 3 "luxury" cruises next year. We want to try different cruise lines to discover which is for us.

We are finalizing a Paul Gauguin 7 day Tahiti & Society Island Cruise in July 11', and now were looking for the other 2 cruises.I guess the question that I hope a few of you answer is this " Knowing what you know now as cruisers, What would your first Regent Cruise have been and what season would you have taken it?" We have Spring 11', Fall 11' Winter 11'12' open.

The post I mentioned above talks about what Kris and I are looking for in a cruise. Thank you in advance for all your help.

If I was picking a Regent cruise for spring 2011, I would look seriously at the Rome-Southampton trip, if May 24th is not too late for you. It's 14 nights.

We did a similar trip four years ago, Monte Carlo to Dover, and it was amazing. Really great itinerary. This is on Voyager, my favourite of the Regent ships (the one that's disabled right now). Standard cabins are really big (much bigger than the PG.)

If you want something shorter, there are a couple of Med trips earlier in May, and there are a couple in April as well.

Here's another vote for the Greek Isles in Spring or Fall. We took this cruise in early June and had temps of 103*. Way too hot for us. Try to find a cruise that has at least one sea day, so you can kick back and enjoy the ship. Many cruises are so port intensive, you're on the go each day and don't have time to relax.

Thank you for the input. I do have a question with all of the financial problems you read about in Greece. Are there things to be concerned with or at least to be aware of traveling there ?

Also are there any opinions on the room to book. I'm looking for a perspective on the best choice considering all that this cruise offers.

Thank you in advance

Thank you for the input. I do have a question with all of the financial problems you read about in Greece. Are there things to be concerned with or at least to be aware of traveling there ?

Also are there any opinions on the room to book. I'm looking for a perspective on the best choice considering all that this cruise offers.

Thank you in advance

In terms of suites, it depends upon the ship. What I would recommend on the Voyager is completely different than the Mariner or Navigator.

As to Greece, I would not hesitate to take a cruise of the Greek Islands again. The only place we wern't fond of was Athens (probably because we first saw it 20 years ago when there wasn't graffiti everywhere). The islands were absolutely amazing.

I've heard that the Penthouse suites on Mariner are very nice (I've never been on this ship.) Mariner does many of the Mediterranean itineraries, although Voyager does some as well in spring and fall (not summer.) On Voyager, not sure; I've only been in a Penthouse and a normal suite, and the PH is very nice, but not a heck of a lot larger than a normal suite.

Archived