Putting Money on Room Key

run4me

I am bring 12 girls ages 15 on RCCI Freedom of the Sea in June. Can I have each girl put about $150 cash on their own card and make it that they can't go over the limit so that I have to pay at end of trip?

I would ask this on the RCL board. Iv found that often its either on or off, hard to set a hard limit.

Folks there will have a more absolute answer and experiences how it worked.

I see cb says you can set a hard limit... good to know they wouldnt allow you to go over.

What do you think? Someone has to be responsible.I do not know how to handle this but it has to be connected to somones credit/debit card. I would talk to supervisor at cruiselines group desk. Perhaps connected to each parents cards. Be very careful. Do not sign for anything. You could be wiped out!

What do you think? Someone has to be responsible.I do not know how to handle this but it has to be connected to somones credit/debit card. I would talk to supervisor at cruiselines group desk. Perhaps connected to each parents cards. Be very careful. Do not sign for anything. You could be wiped out!

I am not sure about RCCL but on other lines you can deposit cash with the purser for each card and when its used up the card cannot be used until more cash is provided. Several years ago we went with a couple who had teenagers and this was the way they controlled their spending, no credit or debit card was used for the youngsters. Bill

LOL at bplazo. I was thinking the same thing! Infact I thought I'd read it wrong and the OP was saying a 12yo and a 15yo, as my brain refused to comprehend that ANYONE would be willing to bring 12 x (any age LMAO!) 15yo's on a cruise with them!

OP - I think setting a spending limit will be the least of your worries :D I hope you get to enjoy your cruise!

You are a brave person to bring twelve 15 year old girls on a ship. I had two 16 year olds and they sure are devious.

WOW, that's really brave. I hope the OP has the required number of adults to be in each cabin with the girls, knowing the age to cruise without a parent is 21, and they have to have one adult, age 21 or older, in each cabin with the girls, according to RCCI's rules. This would not be my idea of a fun cruise as I've seen how out of control kids that age can get.

OP, if each puts that amount on their own room card, once they run out of money, their charge privileges will be terminated by the ship. So, once they spend that amount, they will not be able to use their card for any on board spending, and you will not be liable.

Archived