carry on electric razor

cruzrbachoua

Hi there, sorry if this has been asked and answered but I could not find anything. We will be boarding a cruise ship from our home city so no flight needed. I was wondering if my DH was able to take his electric razor on with him in his carry on? He normally brings disposable razors and checks them in the checked bag, but hates them. I dont like checking the electric razor in case the bag gets lost there goes that pricey razor. I heard that the security there is not like airplanes so I dont need to worry about the 3-1-1 bags for liquids but wasnt sure on the razor....any help would be great.

I do not see why that would be a problem if in doubt call the cruise line

DH takes his portable SW radio with him as well as the laptop, cameras, & battery charger all in the carry-on

Maybe I shouldn't be doing this but I always have a disposal razor in my one quart zip loc in my carryon. I think they are permitted for flying so certainly would be permitted for boarding a ship.

Oh that is good to know. I would assume they see the razor when the bag goes through since it needs to be pulled out of the bag. I always checked mine..........but good to know i could carry mine with me. I know they are something simple to buy once at my destination but I love my one i have as i have sensitive skin and this has that lotion thing around the blades......so i always fear what if that checked bag gets lost.........lol. need that to maintain the girlish looks in those dresses. :p

Not a problem. I often take two electric razors in carry-ons all over the world and it is never an issue. The only electric appliance that causes us problems is a small travel hair dryer we have that has a fold-up handle. Apparently it looks a lot like a pistol on the x-ray machines and we usually have our bag hand searched. The most interesting search was at Tokyo's Narita Airport where there was mild panic when they saw this item on the X-ray. We were quickly surrounded by several security men and a supervisor came over and politely ask us for permission to search our carry-on. They searched every inch and finally found the pretty large hair dryer which caused the security supervisor to actually blush. The next thing we knew all the security folks started bowing and appologizing. I politely said that we really appreciated that they were doing their job and again we got lots of bows and smiles. You think this would happen at JFK?

Hank

You already have the specific answer, but I'm going to expand it a little bit ....

There is no distinction when boarding a ship between what is in you carry on, and what is in your checked luggage. Items that are banned (such as irons) are banned from ANY luggage.

The rational for banning some items in carry on luggage on flights - like razors - is so that they will be unavailable to you for the duration of the flight.

On a cruise all your luggage ends up in your room. So having different rules for what is in a carry on is pointless.

Aloha,

John

Archived