Booking Online Questions on Stateroom Availability

Planning for 9 people, will be getting 4 rooms. Would like 2 balconies and 2 inside across from each other. I tried going though the online booking but sometimes they only show a couple of rooms available in that category and sometimes they show 10. Does RCCL do like Carnival and only show a few rooms on the website? If I call would I get other choices?

Also, trying to keep it economical. It seems almost impossible to me that a cruise for next summer would have only 1 room available on a certain deck for that category. Or have TA's reserved them to use for Guaranteeds?

I can understand the afts and corners gone, but the others? Seems funny unless there's some huge group onboard.

Just a friendly reminder that all posts mentioning specific travel agents or asking for the information to be emailed privately is against the Community Guidelines and will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation.

I just booked a cruise for the Navigator of the Seas directly through RCCl wesbite. Right after I booked I looked at an online travel agent just to compare pricing. I always go directly through RCCL....

The travel agency site showed that one of the really cool AFT cabins was available in my category. I checked again with RCCL online and this cabin did not show as available.

I went into my reservation online and manually keyed in the aft cabin number. And guess what? It was available. So I changed it.

It left me feeling very frustrated that if I had not taken a moment to pop into an online travel agent, I never would have known this Aft cabin was available.

Not sure why it was put out there to other's as available...but not on their website.

So yes...they hold them back. And this was 7388..one of the afts with the largest balcony!

I would call them directly...and have a LIST of the aft cabins you would like. Something tells me they don't automatically tell you if they are available.

I just booked a cruise for the Navigator of the Seas directly through RCCl wesbite. Right after I booked I looked at an online travel agent just to compare pricing. I always go directly through RCCL....

The travel agency site showed that one of the really cool AFT cabins was available in my category. I checked again with RCCL online and this cabin did not show as available.

I went into my reservation online and manually keyed in the aft cabin number. And guess what? It was available. So I changed it.

It left me feeling very frustrated that if I had not taken a moment to pop into an online travel agent, I never would have known this Aft cabin was available.

Not sure why it was put out there to other's as available...but not on their website.

So yes...they hold them back. And this was 7388..one of the afts with the largest balcony!

I would call them directly...and have a LIST of the aft cabins you would like. Something tells me they don't automatically tell you if they are available.

But if you had done that yourself first, you WOULD have known.

I always "type in" the number of desirable cabins if they are not listed. As you discovered, they are often available.

Live and learn! :)

The RCI website gives you the opportunity to do a "search" for a specific cabin # once you get to the page that lists the available cabins. When deciding to book our Allure cruise, I knew I wanted a Boardwalk balcony cabin, but the only ones that would come up on the RCI site were all the way at the back of the Boardwalk - eventually I saw the "search" box above the available cabins, typed in the cabin # I wanted, and lo and behold, a message popped up that said it was available! Why the best or most desirable rooms do not display automatically is a mystery to me, but I'm sure there must be a logical reason.

Archived