Waitlist

meh56

I just put in a waitlist for Sapphire Dec 18. I have never waitlisted before and could use some assistance. I am looking only for certain Cat. I did put a deposit on the record and am just looking for any information on this procedure.

I just put in a waitlist for Sapphire Dec 18. I have never waitlisted before and could use some assistance. I am looking only for certain Cat. I did put a deposit on the record and am just looking for any information on this procedure.
The more categories, the better your chances. The final payment date has passed and while some people change their minds or can't go at the last minute, it's usually not that many. Good luck. It's going to be a waiting game.

They do have cabins available but they are balcony and above...I waitlisted for outside obstructed...I waitlisted 3 cats

Do they ever come back with an offer for a higher cat or might they upgrade someone and give me one of the waitlisted cat?

They do have cabins available but they are balcony and above...I waitlisted for outside obstructed...I waitlisted 3 cats

Do they ever come back with an offer for a higher cat or might they upgrade someone and give me one of the waitlisted cat?

Remember you will also be at the mercy of Princess as far as the price.

It will not be the same as you are seeing now.

I assume from your posts that you are waitlisting because you are trying to save money by getting a less expensive cabin. I suppose this is possible, but I would not think that it is likely. You might end up paying more for a lower category cabin that you can currently get for a balcony cabin, but you can always decline the offer when it because available. It is important to understand that the price for the cabin when it becomes available will be the price at the time that the waitlist clears and not the current price.

I would think that waitlisting is more for getting a higher level cabin and not necessarily a lower level/less expensive cabin. Or when no cabins are currrently available. Perhaps someone can share an experience when they were actually able to get a lower level cabin for something less than is current available for a higher level cabin. I would think that this is unlikely.

My personal experience was booking a lower level cabin and successfully waitlisting for a higher level cabin.

I would not think that Princess would upgrade someone to a higher level cabin for free in order to sell you a lower level cabin for less money. Why would they? They would just lower the price of the higher level cabin instead.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.

The bottom line is that IMO you are not likely save money by using the strategy of waitlising. Has anyone been able to do this?

I would also imagine that you would be pretty far down. I waitlisted myself a couple of weeks ago for the same cruise, everything below a balcony, and was #23 overall at the time. After thinking about it a couple of days I realized that I really wanted to go, and didn't want to end up not getting any room at all (as happened to me when I waitlisted myself for the Golden 1 day in Sept) so I booked the balcony. Now I don't have to stress and call them everyday to find out if I may have moved up the list at all.

Thanks for all your responses...My husband and I had talked about taking this cruise last spring but decided against it...I just thought it might be a nice Xmas gift for him but didn't want to spend the amount for Balcony, which is what we have sailed in the last three cruises...You are right about having to pay more later so I will think about it over the weekend...Thanks for the help

We went on the waitlist for the Emerald earlier this fall because of a great price; yes, we knew we might not get that price, and we sure didn't, when they offered us a cabin it was almost twice the amount of the price on the Princess web site.

For some reason this offer went into our junk mail folder--why, I don't know, as nothing else from Princess goes there--and the cabin cancelled before we found it. But that was okay, because we weren't going to go with the big mark-up anyway. We could find the same cabin several hundred less on most other TA sites!

We're actually on the same cruise now at only slightly more than the first great price, so all is well. I don't think we'll do a waitlist again; I can understand an increase in price, just not a $600 increase.

We went on the waitlist for the Emerald earlier this fall because of a great price; yes, we knew we might not get that price, and we sure didn't, when they offered us a cabin it was almost twice the amount of the price on the Princess web site.

For some reason this offer went into our junk mail folder--why, I don't know, as nothing else from Princess goes there--and the cabin cancelled before we found it. But that was okay, because we weren't going to go with the big mark-up anyway. We could find the same cabin several hundred less on most other TA sites!

We're actually on the same cruise now at only slightly more than the first great price, so all is well. I don't think we'll do a waitlist again; I can understand an increase in price, just not a $600 increase.

Kinda confused. Are you talking about being waitlisted? How could you waitlist when it was available with other TA's? Why would it be waitlisted in the first place if there were cabins available?

If Princess does not have the cat available and its waitlisted then no other TA's would.

Kinda confused. Are you talking about being waitlisted? How could you waitlist when it was available with other TA's? Why would it be waitlisted in the first place if there were cabins available?

If Princess does not have the cat available and its waitlisted then no other TA's would.

This was after they offered us a specific cabin, when we were off the waitlist--I could find the same category at much less almost anywhere. Maybe they thought we were desperate for that specific cabin or cruise or something?

You're right; $600/pp is a big increase.

This was after they offered us a specific cabin, when we were off the waitlist--I could find the same category at much less almost anywhere. Maybe they thought we were desperate for that specific cabin or cruise or something?

Thanks.

I doubt they thought anything. Its the same experience we have encountered.

The price is always way higher when you clear the waitlist. :(

Archived