When I Wear my Maasdam T-shirt......

sail7seas

On my last Oosterdam cruise - we were in alaska and I walk early in the morning -- wearing my only sweatshirt -- Grand Princess logo to be exact. An officer was in the hallway as we were waiting for the elevator. He looked at my shirt and said "Did you make a mistake -- it appears you are on the wrong ship". His tone was deadpan and did not seem like a friendly ribbing (but who knows sometimes its hard to tell) -- since then, though, I have not worn my princess sweatshirt on a HAL ship. .

• 3 weeks later...

It is all one big happy dam family and being a Mariner means you are sticking with all of them. I think the crew and staff like seeing this vote of confidence in any of their ships. They are all paid by corporate headquarters.

They did the On Deck for a Cure on the NA 10/6 - 10/18 itinerary, however I didn't do it. :( There were really rough seas and I couldn't even be vertical I tried. :(

I also wonder why they have it so 'dam early. We had a day at sea that day (we were getting to port at 6pm) and they had the walk at 9am. I'd think they'd get even more participants if they had it at 11 or 12 maybe.

Someday I'll get to one.... :(

As for the topic of this thread....wear a 'dam ships shirt :-) Generic. It's actually all i own so far. I really want to buy a bathrobe from HAL though, those were nice....

Dave,

I see in your signature that you're sailing the 2/6/12 Maasdam cruise. Lovely itinerary...I just saw it yesterday. Am thinking of booking that one myself! We're on the Maasdam this winter on the 1/28 sailing which has the "other" itinerary...so I'd like to do the one on 2/6...never been to St. Croix or St. Kitts! Is it booking quickly or do you think we can wait til we're on board in January?

We were on the Maasdam doing this part of the Caribbean in 2009 and took the local ferry over to Nevis from St Kitts and walked around a very small, low key island with lots of history. Very friendly nice people who welcomed us wherever we were but were not pushy or had any tourist-driven agenda. This is not a highly developed island and it was a pleasant relief from other port stops. Highly recommend the ship excursion to the Danish town of Christensted in St Croix - charming and historic and very nicely restored. If you follow the early life of Alexander Hamilton, both these ports will let you walk in his footsteps.

Archived