attention - potential smugglers on Oasis

For some people (me) it is NOT about the cost. It is the convenience of being in your room and being able to have a drink without going out to get one. I would be willing to pay double or maybe even triple the cost of a bottle if they would let me have it in my cabin. I wish they would sell it on the ship (at an inflated cost if that's what they feel they need to do) and allow us to bring it to our cabins if we want.

Sail a different cruise line? Who doesn't let you buy and drink alcohol in your room? RCI I guess? Heck some cruise lines let you even bring alcohol on onboard!

Others have posted that they were suddenly caught smuggling and never were before. Maybe customs is just getting crazy.

I had my wine openers from the Intercontinental hotel taken away from me .. allowed on Liberty of the Seas ... but not allowed on Majesty .. go figure??!! Luck of the draw.

Why are people so suprised that they xray bags. What would be the point of xraying your carry on bags, if they were just going to let checked bags onboard with no xray? This has been happening since 9/11, the alcohol and irons etc they find is just an added bonus, its the guns and explosives they are looking for. A floating hotel with as many as 8000 people onboard makes a good target.

Well put. I sure hope that luggage is xrayed for security reasons. And I can see why the cruise lines would look as well - that is a money maker for them. Whether you or I agree with the no alcohol policy, it is what it is.

Why not do what we do Just call room service and order what ever you drink up to the room? we do it so the wine we like is in the room when we get there. than as the cruise is on I just call room service to send up another when we want more. Jim:p

Well, since the policy was implemented shortly after the George Smith incident, which cost RCI a fortune through no fault of its own, it may well be that this is an attempt to control the amount of alcohol being consumed by passengers.

Archived