Visa Information for Asia

namest

We are traveling on Azamara Quest on January 8, 2011 from Hong Kong to Singapore. I understand that we need a visa for Viet Nam. According to my TA, we will be able to obtain this on board. Can someone please verify. The only information that I found on Azamara site was that we are responsible before embarking.

If you are a US citizen, you will need to obtain a visa. Doing a quick search of this board pulled up this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1069989

General info:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1060.html#entry_requirements

http://www.vietnamembassy-usa.org/consular_services/visa_info/

You need a double entry for China and it must be obtained in advance of the cruise from a visa service agency or direct from the consulate/embasy. The Vietnam visa is done on the ship. Its about $23 per person and done when you dock. You will also have to have a passport that will not expire for a minimum of six months after you enter the country. Just went all through this as we fly to China in 38 days for our Beijing to Singapore cruise.

You need a double entry for China and it must be obtained in advance of the cruise from a visa service agency or direct from the consulate/embasy. The Vietnam visa is done on the ship. Its about $23 per person and done when you dock. You will also have to have a passport that will not expire for a minimum of six months after you enter the country. Just went all through this as we fly to China in 38 days for our Beijing to Singapore cruise.

Why would the OP, as a US citizen, need a "double entry for China"? They aren't visiting mainline China on this cruise. They don't need a visa for Singapore or Hong Kong, only for Vietnam.

I've done this cruise five times, so I may be of help. We did not need to purchase a visa for Vietnam as the cruise line had us covered by a "blanket" visa. No visa for US citizens for Singapore or Hong Kong. I see your 14 night itinerary does not go to mainland China, so you don't need a Chinese visa. Honk Kong, now a part of China, is a different story, and you don't need a visa for there. I also looked in my passports, and none of them have a visa for Vietnam, only a passport stamp on our arrival and departure.

If you fill out the paper work for a Chinese Visa and take it to the Embassy, they will give you a 1 yr L Visa and tell you what you need . They are tough on correct papework. Its $140.00. Takes 4 days in DC.

The OP does NOT need a Chinese visa for this cruise, and never asked anything about getting such a visa. They asked only about a visa for Vietnam.

Archived