Boarding the ship in FLL

Murphy26

What is the earliest time to show up on departure day. We are on the Ruby on Nov. 14. The ship leaves at 5pm from Fort Lauderdale. Do we show up early and expect to wait in line outside. What time do they start letting everyone on the ship. Thanks for any input.

It really depends on quite a few factors, but typically, if you head over around 11:30 to noon, you don't have to wait too awful long.

I know some folks wait until around 2:30 ish to board and breeze on through, but I've also discovered that some of these folks are too late when they try to get on the list for the Chef's Table and that is a real bummer.

:)

You can get there as early as you want and wait in line. Checkin starts about 11 and boarding 11:30 or 12
As said, get there when you want but actual boarding won't start until 11:30-Noon. The first to board will be Platinum/Elite/full suite passengers. General boarding is after those are boarded.

Hi There,

As Princess bus us in we get there about the same time for every cruise we have taken, but we have never boarded at the same time, best has been about a 30min wait worest about 4 hours.

So just turn up and take your chances

yours Shogun

What is the earliest time to show up on departure day. We are on the Ruby on Nov. 14. The ship leaves at 5pm from Fort Lauderdale. Do we show up early and expect to wait in line outside. What time do they start letting everyone on the ship. Thanks for any input.
Last time we were there we saw a limited size waiting area with chairs. Your luggage is checked in before entering this area. We got there around 11:30 and the chairs were all occupied. People arriving are given group number tickets so they can relax without waiting in a long line. Platinum and Elite are admitted to the check-in area as soon as it opens, however if you miss the original announcement this may not be obvious. All others are admitted when the group number is called.

Thus the theory is that if you get there earlier, you will have a low group number but will have to wait, hopefully seated.

Sometimes the boarding time could be slightly delayed depending on the cleaning efforts from the prior cruise.

As you arrive at the port you may stand in line for a while if you get there really early. But once inside, the will give you a number. There are seats available to wait in until your number is called.

Platinum and Elite members get express boarding.

Princess does a very good job of getting people disembarked and embarked as fast as they can. It is truly remarkable!

I'm looking at a flight that will get us to FLL around 10:40 AM. I've booked a Princess transfer but am debating just getting a taxi. Any advice on the pros and cons of this. I'd like as much time of the ship as possible so would like to get there early.

I'm looking at a flight that will get us to FLL around 10:40 AM. I've booked a Princess transfer but am debating just getting a taxi. Any advice on the pros and cons of this. I'd like as much time of the ship as possible so would like to get there early.

go earlier and save $$$ :D

I would just book a taxi. You can often see the boat when landing or taking off. Cost will be about $10-15 incl tip rather than $30 Princess charges. You will also probably have to wait until the bus is full rather then leaving at once with the taxi

We always arrive by 10:00 am and people watch. Boarding starts around noon.

Take a cab, then you can stop at Total Wine or Publix for wine, beer, sodas or water to take on board. We ordered our wine on line and had them prepacked and prepaid so it took less than 5 minutes to pick it up, slap a luggage tag on it and when you get to the ship give it to a porter (with a tip) and it will miraculously show up outside your cabin later that day.

I don't like transfers because I don't want to wait for a full bus/van, nor do I like going to other pickup sites. Anything else is a blessing.

I prefer arriving early, and waiting to get on as soon as I can. I also like to enjoy the ship as soon as possible. After all, you're being charged for that day whether you show up early or not.

Get a taxi. It's cheaper, faster and more flexible. Can't think of any pro's for booking a transfer in FLL. The port is maybe 3-4 miles (10-15 minutes max) away.

Thanks for the advice, a taxi it is. Good idea to stop and get beverages before boarding, was trying to figure the best way to have drinks for a diabetic husband and this will be perfect. Where exactly is the publix? Can we take our luggage to the pier and walk or do we need to have the taxi make a stop?

Would love to go on Sat. night but not sure if hubby can get off work early enough to make that possible.

Thanks for the advice, a taxi it is. Good idea to stop and get beverages before boarding, was trying to figure the best way to have drinks for a diabetic husband and this will be perfect. Where exactly is the publix? Can we take our luggage to the pier and walk or do we need to have the taxi make a stop?

Would love to go on Sat. night but not sure if hubby can get off work early enough to make that possible.

Its behind the Embassy Suites on 17th St.

Its about a mile walk and if its hot its tough.

Drop the luggage and go or get settled onboard and go.

Archived